• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Solving Method/Tutorial?

WCA
2011UNKR01
Thread starter #1
I've been speedcubing for around 3 months and know almost full fridrich method and I want to know how to blindfold solve. However, when I looked on the internet I could not find a tutorial that I understood very well. I consider myself an advanced speedcuber but need the most beginner's guide possible to blinfold solving the 3x3 that I can learn in a reasonable amount of time. I already looked at http://solvethecube.110mb.com/blindfold.html#intro and I didn't understand the description much at all and I watched Thrawst's video but he had almost no help at all on how to memorize the cube so three requirement's for a tutorial I want are 1. Easy to understand what it is talking about 2. Fairly easy to learn in a standard amount of time 3. method's to memorize the cube. Can anyone help me out???:fp

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
selkiecubing
WCA
2011UNKR01
Thread starter #6
Thanks to everyone I'm going to start now! hopefully I have enough resources here thanks to you guys. If there is anything obvious I'm missing because I'm such a noob(sorry I play xbox to much) at blindfold let me know?

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
selkiecubing
Nothing wrong in being new. I'm relatively new myself and yet to have my 1st 3x3 BLD success, though soo damn close.

But if you don't mind the blind leading the blind if you'll excuse the pun :rolleyes:

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
The link you posted is actually the best written tutorial on Old Pochmann...

For memory methods check out the BLD subforum, especially the thread called "Memory Methods".
Memory methods are also often discussed in the BLD one question one answer thread.

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
d4m4s74
I used the Old Pochman + m2 tutorial by Eric Limeback. I like the memo method he uses. (I already knew old pochman and M2 like a year ago, but didn't know a good memo method)

WCA
2011UNKR01
Thread starter #10
The link you posted is actually the best written tutorial on Old Pochmann...

For memory methods check out the BLD subforum, especially the thread called "Memory Methods".
Memory methods are also often discussed in the BLD one question one answer thread.
Yeah I knew that it was because it said so on Pochman's website himself but I just couldn't understand it so I am learning using Limeback's videos and it is much easier I already know pretty much the whole method and am working on it now.

thanks for the help!