• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

Kynit

Decided to see how I'd do with an average of 12...results... 0/12

All solves were off by either a 3-cycle or an R-perm...so frustrating!!!

:(

Times were all sub-4 though...so at least some good came from it...

Any practice is good practice, of course ;)

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Multi at Diñs Open: 3/8 in 53.xx

First official attempt at 8 cubes. I wanted to see if I could fit them in one hour, at least I succeeded in that.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Finish memo...
look at cube before donning blindfold, ???? buffer piece is different from memo???

:fp memo'd holding the cube in the wrong orientation :fp

On a positive note: this means that I do not reference to centers at all during memo.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
DNF(1:50.04)

Woah, fastest attempt I have ever done afaik. Off by 2 2-cycles of edges. I recognized during execution that I had missed something during memo, but had no way of figuring out what it was mid-solve.

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just today I did my first attempt to multiblind with letter pairing memo. Also 3rd solve I've ever done with this memo. Was hard to memo (about 9 minutes) because I was surrounded by people, but DNF the second cube by a R-Perm. So close >.< Counted the number of sequences so I didn't even know that I had to do a parity fix.

Well, good for me anyway. Doing a memo and having to go sticker by sticker to remember the letters I assigned and still solve one cube is a total success.

Julian

WCA
2010DAVI06
0/2 on my first multi attempt, 8:34.70 :(

Went VERY slow. Done with letter pairs/sentences/phrases/images/scenes/what-have-you, no rooms or journey. Audio on one set of corners.
I guess I was going too slow for the audio, I memo'd LSMA for the first part, and executed LISMA, because that's how it sounded :/ 3 corners off.

The second cube had 2 flipped edges (the buffer was solved). No idea why, memo was rock solid.

Was training for 4BLD memoing.

:(

EricReese

WCA
2010REES02
YouTube
Visit Channel
First attempt at M2 not sighted (I think?)

This new memo system/execution when its M2 off is still a little weird for me

6:27.30 DNF. At first I thought I had a success because I was only seeing the Yellow/blue/red faces and was pleased, but then I rotated the cube and saw that I was off by a pure 2flip in BL and BD pieces. Oh well.