• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't it sub UWR?
Yep, UWR is 19:49. I've had a few sub-UWRs, but I'm just waiting until I actually get it to post a video.
too bad :/
Btw do you still know your memo from the 10 year delayed 3bld solve?
Yeah. I might post in the thread once a year to let people know I still remember it.

josh42732

7bld 20:31.51[8:03.05]

Had a 45 second pause, and I had to undo 2 comms. Plus there was triple parity. It was a success, but should've easily been UWR.
Nice! I love big cube BLD. Idk why but it just fascinates me. You should try to beat Roman to getting a 10BLD success or 11BLD. I forgot which one hes on

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! I love big cube BLD. Idk why but it just fascinates me. You should try to beat Roman to getting a 10BLD success or 11BLD. I forgot which one hes on
I doubt I'll ever try 10BLD, but anything can happen.
When you say triple parity do you include centers? Because that would mean only 3 out of 9 possible parities
I mean corner/midge, and the 2 wings (which is over 30 seconds down the drain :( )

I don't count centers parities because the last target is just another comm.

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4BLD DNF, first attempt with r2, corners were fine, edges were off by an r2 and there were 8 centres, I concluded that I did an extra target at the end of my execution by mistake... (My last target was UB, so I think I repeated that D:)

It was 15 mins with an 8 min memo, faster than my fastest execution with what I was using before.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Such fail, much bad.

I got a 5:37.51 off by a J perm... but it wasn't a Ja perm. I have a video, but internet is awful, so probably won't upload it.

EDIT: Whoop! Finally got another success though, so it's all good!

Last edited:

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Worst 3BLD session ever. 5 attempts, 5 failures. All slow and all with more than one mistake. Comp in 11 days. Confidence is low.

I've had worse. :) Just do some practice, try to go slow and turn careful if you need to. Remember the comp is about having fun, so try not to stress too much about your solves. I have a comp the same weekend with 3BLD..