• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

However, thinking about BH as intuitive algs and Turbo as memorized ones, it does.

Even if im a noob when it comes to BH:
You have to "learn" at least SOME algorithms for BH right? And there at least as many as for TuRBo (wich is not a lot).
The rest in TuRBo is more or less intuitive, too (setups and one of the algorithms). So where is the difference?

Greetings, Dennis

Nope. All intuitive for me except For the rare times when I use an R U U-perm.

Ok. I love your signature by the way :D

A new accomplishment:

I just finished checking ALL my TuRBo algorithms that i wrote down. All of the 378, to make sure, that i didnt do any mistakes, before i completely use it for all my BLD/MULTI BLD solves. So i set up EVERY single possible case with old Pochmann and then solved it with TuRBo. Then i checked, if i have the correct image (the image for the algorithm) in my list. I didnt find any mistakes after ~170 images.
But all in all i found 4 mistakes. So it was DEFINITELY worth it! But i am totally exhausted now and my back hurts. It took me more than 2 1/2 hours..so painfull :D ..

Dennis

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. I love your signature by the way :D

A new accomplishment:

I just finished checking ALL my TuRBo algorithms that i wrote down. All of the 378, to make sure, that i didnt do any mistakes, before i completely use it for all my BLD/MULTI BLD solves. So i set up EVERY single possible case with old Pochmann and then solved it with TuRBo. Then i checked, if i have the correct image (the image for the algorithm) in my list. I didnt find any mistakes after ~170 images.
But all in all i found 5 mistakes. So it was DEFINITELY worth it! But i am totally exhausted now and my back hurts. It took me more than 2 1/2 hours..so painfull :D ..

Dennis

Thanks, and that takes dedication. I've tried to do that a few times but never made it past E lol.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure, but that's a rather bad assumption to make.

Really? I always thought of Turbo as a way for people who don't understand comms to still use 3-cycles. The way I see it, if you understand comms, you have no business using Turbo.

EDIT:

30.16 F2 D2 U2 F2 D2 F2 L' D2 L U2 R U B U' R B F' U R2 B' F

Screwed up execution badly. Memo in 8. Pretty sure someone fast can sub-23 this

EDIT2: by the 20% rule I'm not counting this as PB.

Last edited:

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really? I always thought of Turbo as a way for people who don't understand comms to still use 3-cycles. The way I see it, if you understand comms, you have no business using Turbo.

I am sorry but that is a load of crap. Just because somebody uses turbo does not mean they do not understand comms. Some people(me) use turbo because they don't expect to do much in the world of blindfold. Other might just not want to "learn" all those cases.

Maskow still used some turbo.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Noahaha, how do you do your Memo? :)

I use an image for my corners and then audio loop the edges real quick, executing edges first of course.

@Emolover
You are totally right about that. What I should have said is that if you're using turbo for corners and you're doing the algs intuitively instead of by memorization it probably isn't that big a step to move to intuitive BH. My whole point was that there probably aren't very many people who use intuitive turbo and a similarly low amount of people who use non-intuitive BH, as in not understanding your commutators.

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
EDIT:

30.16 F2 D2 U2 F2 D2 F2 L' D2 L U2 R U B U' R B F' U R2 B' F

Screwed up execution badly. Memo in 8. Pretty sure someone fast can sub-23 this

EDIT2: by the 20% rule I'm not counting this as PB.

:( DNF(1:40.56)
I think I didn't undo the setup move after the corner rotation. My corners are off by an F' (which would have been what I missed) and I'm off by 4 edges... :/ Blech...
Wouldn't have counted it as PB anyway though, so it's not too bad.

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
What I should have said is that if you're using turbo for corners and you're doing the algs intuitively instead of by memorization it probably isn't that big a step to move to intuitive BH.

I understand commutators very well and I consider switching from OP to Turbo for corners somewhen soon. I think this is going to be quite easy because Turbo has not many Algs and I will learn all of them intuitively (and I guess I will already know half of them very well).
Switching from Turbo to an efficient use of BH afterwards seems like a significantly huge step to me though.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my personal best of 1:59.84 (3x3) on the 14th scramble of the Weekly Competition 2012-37!

L2 U2 F2 L2 F2 R' U2 R U2 R' D2 B D' L F' R2 D2 F L2 R

(Previous PB was 2:07)