• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
3x3BLD - 4:55.59

I believe this is my first sub 5:00 success. I've had a few pretty close DNF's that were faster than this... but this one makes me happy.

Edit:
Wow... and immediately followed by a 4:47.21!

Edit 2:
And then 5:00.25

I'm not sure that I have ever had two successes in a row. I'm CERTAIN that I've never had three in a row!

Last edited:

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I meant to post this here last night but I was having some issues with posting, so I logged out and then couldn't get back onto SS. >.<

4x4 BLD : 34:57.75[22:50.19]

First success, second attempt! :D

Second scramble from this weekly comp. Centers were a bit too easy..... ;_;

****ing amazing!!! :)

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally understand R2 now!! I've been ripping my hair out trying to understand it:confused: and then I got mad at myself:mad: and then I understood and was like:fp.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
First ever 3x3 Multi success - 2/2 - 24.41.64!

This could actually have been much faster... The memo for the first cube was just bizarre and took almost nine minutes, and I still wasn't sure that it was solid. It WASN'T very solid, as it took ~5 minutes or so to recall a three cycle during execution.

This has been an awesome week for bld... really starting to enjoy it!

Last edited:

pi.cubed

First ever 3x3 Multi success - 24.41.64!

This could actually have been much faster... The memo for the first cube was just bizarre and took almost nine minutes, and I still wasn't sure that it was solid. It WASN'T very solid, as it took ~5 minutes or so to recall a three cycle during execution.

This has been an awesome week for bld... really starting to enjoy it!

How many cubes did you do? I'm guessing two?

3x3 Corners Only:
So technically 2BLD, but I'm doing it on a 3x3 and using my 3x3 method so I'm counting it as corners only.

Done within 6 solves:
Single 1:07.36
Mean of 3: 1:26.59
Average 3 of 5: 1:17.20

And 12/14 accuracy on last 14 'solves'. :)

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
How many cubes did you do? I'm guessing two?

3x3 Corners Only:
So technically 2BLD, but I'm doing it on a 3x3 and using my 3x3 method so I'm counting it as corners only.

Done within 6 solves:
Single 1:07.36
Mean of 3: 1:26.59
Average 3 of 5: 1:17.20

And 12/14 accuracy on last 14 'solves'. :)

Yup, two cubes... I will add that info above.

jla

WCA
2011LANG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What?! I´ve got like 20 successes and my best is 4:14.56..

Haha, I don't really know what makes me so fast, I use pure OP but I'm thinking about learning M2...

I memorize using Eric Limeback's tutorial and making sentences for edges and visual/tapping/saying the color for corners. I guess I'm quick at making up sentences that stick to my head ;)

jla

WCA
2011LANG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3:12.86 PB with pure OP (I need to switch soon but I find this method so simple and fairly fast for me that I will probably make a letter pair image list first)
I'm actually not surprised because I usually review edge memo, but today, I decided to practice getting rid of that habit. It really hurts accuracy and smoothness (solve without pauses) of the solve but since 3BLD is all about singles, I'm going to practice this way now. 9 edge targets and 7 corner targets, meaning parity as well.
I think what I'm going to do for the upcoming competition on Saturday is get my first official Bld solve (review edge memo), and then for the remaining attempts I'll just memo edges once and go for really fast solves.

Good luck!