• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Mike: Freestyle corners made memo so much easier, but I take forever for execution.
Oh. That explains it. You should just go ahead and learn BH corners (or BH-like corners, optimized for speed, like Haiyan). It wouldn't take you long to learn it, and then execution would be blindingly fast. And memo would be basically the same as freestyle.

Think about it - I can do 2x2x2 BLD in about 30 seconds average. Surely you'd be sub-15!

blah

brah
8/10 multiBLD in ~40 minutes. 24 minutes for memo.

This is the first time I tried refreshing my memory after every 5 cubes. Both refreshments took about 1 to 2 minutes each - which pretty much cut my execution time by A LOT :)

History of 10 cube attempts: 5, 9, 7, 8. Still going for 100% :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
2nd ever 3x3 success: 9:53.83. This was slower than my previous success which was an 8:xx... but oh well. I memo'd most of the edges wrong and had to go back and "remomo" most of them, and then did the same thing with the corners. If not for the mistakes, this would have been much faster.

I had two very close solves tonight also. One was off by a three cycle of edges and the other was only off by two edges.

Pitzu

WCA
2005KOCZ01
I've just had a look at 3x3 BLD World Rankings:
73 Mike Hughey 1:46.63 USA Thankscubing 2009
Péter Trombitás 1:46.63 Hungary Hungarian Open 2009

Mike! Slash! Are you proud of each other?! ;)

Slash

WCA
2008TROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've just had a look at 3x3 BLD World Rankings:
73 Mike Hughey 1:46.63 USA Thankscubing 2009
Péter Trombitás 1:46.63 Hungary Hungarian Open 2009

Mike! Slash! Are you proud of each other?! ;)

Well of course I'm proud of him! He couldn't have matched a better time. :D

Wow, I haven't seen it before:)
Mike, tell me if you beat this time, and I'll try to match this time(so please do a solve under the Hungarian NR:))
and I'm looking forward to match your 4x4, 5x5 and multi BLD results;))

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Woooo!!! New PB! Normal scramble =D
2:20.00 F' U2 B F D L' D U F2 L R B U' B' D' R D U2 R' B F R D2 U2 R

You should first read this post :p

YESYESYESYESYES!!! Yes, I Can!!!
Finally I got my first successfull BLD avg5! :D

Average: 3:45.96
1. 2:32.75 D2 U2 R2 U' B' L R B2 F' D F2 L2 R' B2 R2 F' D' L2 R' D' U2 R' B' L' R'
2. 3:32.71 B F D B U' B2 D' U B F' U' L' R D U L2 R B2 F' L' U2 L' R' B F
3. (2:20.00) F' U2 B F D L' D U F2 L R B U' B' D' R D U2 R' B F R D2 U2 R
4. (DNF) R2 D2 U L D2 L' D' R2 D U' R D2 U L2 R U2 L R2 B' L' R B' U' F2 U2
5. 5:12.43 B' D' U' B' D2 U2 L' D B L B2 L2 R B F' D2 U' F' D F' R' F D U' L2

At the last solve, I guessed, whether one edge was flipped or solved - I guessed flipped and it happened, that I was right :D Finally I have a bit of luck :p

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally I got my first successfull BLD avg5! :D
Congratulations - I know it's a great feeling!

It's been a lackluster year for BLD for me so far (up until now), so I'm really happy with this one:

6x6x6 BLD: 28:20.54 [13:14]!!!!!!!!

I finally met my goal on 6x6x6 BLD - sub-30! :D :D :D

It was the first scramble for 6x6x6 in the weekly competition 2010-02. A pretty easy scramble (pretty obvious how to orient it, I thought), and then the corners were really easy. I actually had 2 pops. The first one I actually never let the pieces get out of the puzzle - an oblique was twisted, and I managed to twist it back without losing my place. On the second one, I caught it before the pieces came out, but in the process of trying to fix it, an oblique came out, which was nice, because the outer X center next to it was twisted, and that gave me room to untwist it. I was really afraid I might pop a middle piece out while I was doing it, though, so it took a while. Then I got the oblique back in and kept going.

I couldn't believe how fast the memorization went - it was just one amazingly easy image group to remember after another one - I love it when the images fit together well like that. And the solving was probably about as fast as I dare ever go with a 6x6x6.

(Now I have to work on my other goal: 7x7x7 BLD sub-45. I'm still pretty far from that one.)