• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

WCA
2016DRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't see one stickied already, so why not :) Post any blindfold or multi-blindfold accomplishments here that you want, especially if you want to keep them separate from the normal speed accomplishments. Please post hundredths if you have them, I'm making a multiple blindfold record list, and I'm interested in getting as many decimal places as you have :)
I got a 49 second solve on 2bld, Idk if that is good enough for this thread but that is what I got!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I had also thought of this, but I have not come up with an idea of how this would work. I think DNFs should have some effect on the point outcome though, but yeah.. \o/ I suppose it is open for suggestions

I think it would make since to do Multi, since you decide the number of cubes before starting the attempt.

dudefaceguy

No you don't. You attempt at many as you can in one hour. I just prepared enough so I would not run out, similar to how you would do a challenge to solve as many 3x3's as possible in a given time. Except 3bld adds dnfs.
For purposes of competition, I think you could do structure this event more efficiently by seeing how quickly you can reach a certain number of successful solves. For example, you need to get 10 successful solves, and DNFs don't count towards the total, but they do count towards your total time. So, you keep solving until you get 10 successes, then stop the timer. You are automatically punished for DNFs by having their time added.

To continue this example, if it takes you 1 minute to complete a solve and you had 2 DNFs, then you had to solve 12 cubes to get 10 successes -- this gives you a time of 12 minutes. If you had no DNFs, your time would have been 10 minutes.

You can scale up the number of cubes depending on how much you want accuracy to matter, and how long you want the event to last. This is almost the same thing as the 1-hour version, but it's more time-efficient, and makes it easier to account for DNFs. I see the appeal of the hour-long version, but I don't think that much would be added to this event by making it last for a full hour -- you can get a meaningful average that reflects your speed and accuracy in much less time.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Haven't been doing BLD at all, but did an edges only attempt in the bathroom(lol) last night since I felt like I knew the problem. I think I was making bad letter pairs, not visualizing them, and reviewing way too much. Got motivated to do an attempt just now, and got a 4:09.11, only 20 seconds off of PB :D probably could've been PB, I had to pause and run through my memo to remember if I had parity, which I should've known I didn't. Though I twisted UFR(like physically), but turns out I didn't. Memo was around 2:30(glanced at the timer before putting on blindfold), way faster than normal. Super happy, about to do another solve :)

B2 U L U L B U F2 B2 D2 F2 B2 L U2 R' D2 F2 R2 D2 U' Fw' Uw2