• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

black/grey dust in the centre caps

chue.hsien

hey i recently bought a DIY(a) from cube4you. and after playing with it for around 3 weeks, today i tried to tigthen the tension cuz it was popping very often. then, when i open the green cap, the whole of the middle piece was BLACK with dust. i use tissue to wipe of parts of it, then when i banged the cube upside down on the table, there were still some black stuff coming out.. does this happen to anyone else? i dont see anything that could be black.. the spring and washe wouldn't be wearing done and producing the dust.. and i didnt spray the core with silicon spray. so where does the black stuff come from?? the other centre caps also had certain amounts of grey,not black stuff. again, when i banged against the table, the dust would fall out..