• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Birthday Cubes 11x11 or Teraminx.

WilliamCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I Don't Know Which One To Get. Condiering They Are Around The Same Price. I Don't Know.

I Like The 11x11 But Is It That Much Of A Challenge If You Can Sub 6 the 7x7.

And I Can't Do A Gigaminx So Should I Get THe Teraminx?

What Do You Guys Think?

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't Teraminx harder than a gigaminx anyway so if you can't do it, you won't be able to jump up to Teraminx. Also, the 11x11's are all KO's so they might not be very good quality. Just a thought.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're looking for a challenge, don't just buy a more-layers version of something you already own. Get a Skewb or a Square-1 or a Helicopter Cube or something like that.

The quality of the 11x11 is fine, they're just too big to comfortably turn.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're a big fan of big cubes like 7x7 you'll like the 11x11... I'm still waiting for someone to sub-my time.... my PB is 20:45... and I have a 26:xx vid here.

But like others have suggested, don't spend too much on something you won't play with as much... you could easily get a dozen 3x3's so you can practice multiBLD

Last edited by a moderator:

OMGitsSolved

WCA
2011LONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, as everyone said just buy lots of speedcubes that you will use in a competition like 2x2 and 3x3. I mean I have an 11x11 because I like solving big cubes and I solve it frequently. And I have a Teraminx and I don't suggest getting it. They are cool for collection but seriously look at it. It's sort of improbable to actually wanna sit there and solve the thing but I mean some people solve 11x11's one handed so some people like stuff like that some don't. I sort of like the 11x11 though.

WilliamCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
i think i might go for the 11x11 and izovire are those they stickers that come with the cube? or some other type.

and im also interested does it take along time to get better? like you do one bad solve and then your time drops dramatically?

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i think i might go for the 11x11 and izovire are those they stickers that come with the cube? or some other type.

and im also interested does it take along time to get better? like you do one bad solve and then your time drops dramatically?

I personally cut stickers for 4 sides of the cube (yellow, orange, green, blue) because the originals sucked so bad. As for improving times... my times dropped every solve for about 15 solves (about 35-40 min.) it took additional effort to get sub-30. You'll need to be pro at centers.

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02

I know what he means. My first 5x5 solve was totally intuitive with no tutorials. 45 minutes. I watched a tutorial and I hit 15. My next solve was 12 minutes followed by seven, then sixes for awhile and now I'm at about 3:45. The first few times you solves a bigger cube your times drop a lot every time. See above post.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
I don't get why people would ask what puzzles to buy... It depends on what you like doesn't it?

I'd personally get a teraminx. I already have a 7x7x7, and a teraminx is the same order (2 extra layers on each side). I stickered and solved a teraminx just yesterday, btw :).

If you can't solve the gigaminx, a little more knowledge of commutators will probably help you out.

Last edited: