@Cuber2s and @Tabe it's been a while since I watched any of these videos, and I don't think I've watched all of them, but Kevin Hays Tuesday Tips is a very valuable resource:
Yes, they are the best videos to watch beside @Faz's cubeskills tutorials.@Cuber2s and @Tabe it's been a while since I watched any of these videos, and I don't think I've watched all of them, but Kevin Hays Tuesday Tips is a very valuable resource:
Switch back to redux, be color neutral, work on look-ahead during edges, learn optimal L2C, learn at least 3 or 4 L2E cases, and grind.I just got a 5x5, I knew how to solve one since becuase of 4x4, I used the reduction method and averaged 4 mins, I switched to a hybrid of Yau and Yau5 the next day and now I average 3 mins, what's next?
Option select on 3x3 is already controvercial enough(although very impressive).5. Is being Hoya/Yau/Redux method neutral worth it if I already know and can do well on all of them
Depends on what method you use for 4 and 5. If they are both Hoya, then very much. But Yau and Hoya, then you could get weird results.First 3 about 5x5
1. Currently I use Hoya, and after I finish L2C I start pair all of the E layer edges. After I finish that I solve the back two slots, then pair the last 4 yellow edges. Is this a bad method?
2. Is there a speed difference between solving edges in the m layer vs the e layer?
3. I average about 1:30, how long could it take to get sub 1:00. I know this depends on a few factors, but what is the best case scenario?
4. How much will 5x5 practice effect my 4x4 times?
5. Is being Hoya/Yau/Redux method neutral worth it if I already know and can do well on all of them?
Look for blocks or easy cases on the edges you can see without rotating, solve them and insert into the slots you can't see. Nothing wrong with having a default color to look for if you don't see anything easy, but passing up an easy case because it's the wrong color is silly. And sometimes you need to rotate.How do you solve 5x5 edges after doing the centres, without having to rotate and look for pieces in both layers, with Redux?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|What are the best non-WCA big cubes?||Cubing Help & Questions||5|
|Selling 85+ Cubes and Lubes! (3x3s, Big Cubes, Side events, Non WCA and More)||Buy, Sell, Trade||24|
|10 Mistakes You NEED To Fix On Big Cubes||Puzzle Video Gallery||1|
|Bigcube tips and tricks discussion thread||General Speedcubing Discussion||55|
|Big Cube BLD Discussion||Blindsolving Discussion||675|