• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Better Times with Worse Cubes?

Divin3

WCA
2009HUYN01
I don't know why,but I get better averages on my not-so-smooth glow in the dark type C compared to my smooth Type A.It's pretty weird.Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?I don;t think it's the look ahead or recognition because they are both white or near white.

ccchips296

YouTube
Visit Channel
its either you got lucky with some solves or the stiffness of ur type C made u slow down and turn more consistantly. helps to say what times u were actually getting and how big the difference is...

bundat

I can think of 2 things:

1) Maybe you had better lookahead due to the slower turning speed
2) or maybe, you turn so freakishly fast with the cube you're comfortable with, that you lock up a lot, losing a lot of time on lockups... and the uncomfortable cube made you go slower and smoother