• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Better times with worse cubes? or vice-verca?

CubezUBR

WCA
2013SAUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, i just did and 5 solves with my dayan guhong v2 and 5 solves with a dayan panshi (both stickered, lubed, tensioned the same) and was surprised with the results

guhong: 29.14, 30.62, 33.93, 32.44, 31.29
panshi: 27.23, 27.00, 22.88, 24.94, 26.20

as you can see, the panshi which is widely considered to be the worse cube is almost 10 seconds faster in a few cases. it was the first time i have used the panshi in about a week since i got the guhong. the scrambles were generated by prisma puzzle timer.

So my question to you is... have you ever experienced something like this?

mDiPalma

I average ~1-2 seconds faster with my A-V than with my Dayans; so as far as I'm concerned, the A-V is the better cube (for me at least).

McBeef

LOL yes for some reason I kept on getting PBs for 3x3 stage on my 5x5 after I got my fangshi, though the PB did drop by ten seconds, lol