oh how I love Amazon
Fine, but I'm picking clock just to troll.
Here’s my opinion on why 5x5 is the “best event.” (Make sure to read the post that I quoted in my post.) Something I didn’t mention in this post is that I think that there isn’t a best event, but people can have their own opinions. If there was an objectively best event, then there would be no point in anybody practicing anything except said event.My favorite event and the best event are 2 different things. 2x2 is my favorite event because it is so quick. You can grind through hundreds of solves in a couple hours. I think that the best event overall is either 4x4 or 5x5, but I'm leaning towards 5x5 because of double parity on 4x4.
Going by these qualifications:
1. There are a lot of people who average under 1 minute, so it is a spectator-friendly event (assuming you're watching high-level solvers).
2. There are a decent amount of options, though as @Sub1Hour said, a lot more can be done on 6x6 and 7x7 centers than 5x5 centers, but L2C and L2E on 5x5 are simple enough that they can be done algorithmically pretty easy.
3. It is more on the complex level as far as speedsolving events go, but nothing compared to the big blinds. It isn't something that most new competitors will be competing in in their first competition, but maybe after 2-3 comps.
4. There is absolutely no luck, because there is a very slim chance that there will be a center already done, like on Max Park's former 4x4 WR single.
5. I think that there is a lot of room for improvement in almost every event (except for things like 2x2, pyraminx, and skewb singles).
The default quoting functionality doesn't nest quotes, but you can explicitly edit them in yourself if they're relevant. (Old forums nested quotes by default and it led to posts getting ever larger as people replied to each other.) Anyway.(Make sure to read the post that I quoted in my post.)
With random-state scramblesAlso, can somebody figure out the odds of a solved 5x5 center, like I mentioned in #4?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|M||Best G Perm?||General Speedcubing Discussion||0|
|5x5 is the best wca event||General Speedcubing Discussion||9|
|WCA events from worst to best||General Speedcubing Discussion||0|
|The stupidest and dumbest WCA 2x2 scramble ever. (Not 4 mover.)||Off-Topic Discussion||10|
|[Unofficial] avg 9.04,best single6.90,not WCA||Puzzle Video Gallery||5|