• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best method for solving the professor cube?

Turx

What is the best method for a beginner to solve a 5x5 cube, is the layer by layer technique ideal if not could someone point me in the right direction as although theres quantillions of 3x3 solutions theres ver few for the 5x5!!!

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the best method for a beginner to solve a 5x5 cube, is the layer by layer technique ideal if not could someone point me in the right direction as although theres quantillions of 3x3 solutions theres ver few for the 5x5!!!

http://bigcubes.com/5x5x5/5x5x5.html

You can use whatever 3x3 method you already know as the last step of this method

Turx

Thank you for that my Gaulish buddy!

Edit:
Not to sound ungrateful but i didn't find that particular site much help although its gone in my folder to look at with a later head, any other recommendations guys??? Ive solved the revenge cube and basically have it unlocked, needing only a few algorithms memorized to be able to solve it off the top of my head but im finding the 5x5 a lot harder, did anyone else find it a steeper learning curve between the 2 cubes?

Last edited by a moderator:

turtwig

Not to sound ungrateful but i didn't find that particular site much help although its gone in my folder to look at with a later head, any other recommendations guys??? Ive solved the revenge cube and basically have it unlocked, needing only a few algorithms memorized to be able to solve it off the top of my head but im finding the 5x5 a lot harder, did anyone else find it a steeper learning curve between the 2 cubes?

If you can solve 4x4 then 5x5 should be relatively easy. You basically only need to figure out last 2 centers and last 2 edges. I suggest searching up some videos (there should be lots). I think that videos are generally better at explaining than just plain text.