• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Camera to record cubing

T

Tavin25

Hey, guys, I was planning to buy a camera to record my self cubing in competitions and at home. I was wondering which one to buy as I don't have any idea on cameras to record yourself cubing. My budget maximum is $500 dollars. Can you guys plz give me some suggestions.

Regards
Tavin

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What amount of pixels do I need for decent quality? 4k is 4,000 pixels, right?
4k is 3840x2160 resolution. Not at all needed.

You can get away with 720p, which is 1280x720.

However, what you want is 1080p - 1920x1080.

Ideally, you want 60 fps as well. So 1080p60 or 4k60.

brododragon

I've seen a few people use something like this:

Mini camera

I have no idea how good they are, but I'm considering getting one. It's like 4-5 bucks including shipping in some cases, so there's no real risk.

Do you know any other places that sell this? It's currently unavailable from there.

Tom Joad

Stupid question but I’m still surprised I never see it asked by anyone else:

What about something that will make the camera/ iPhone sit at the perfect angle to record my solve with the whole of me on the video, like what the top cubers do at competitions.

I want to effortlessly video my competition solves but I can’t just take out my iphone and think about what to lean it against as I start my solve...

What do Max etc use?

WCA
2019WILK04
YouTube
Visit Channel
M

What about something that will make the camera/ iPhone sit at the perfect angle to record my solve with the whole of me on the video, like what the top cubers do at competitions.

I want to effortlessly video my competition solves but I can’t just take out my iphone and think about what to lean it against as I start my solve...

What do Max etc use?
Max uses a GoPro, I’d get a mini tripod with a phone adapter for comps

YouTube
Visit Channel

What do Max etc use?
Keaton uses an X Cube

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel

What do Max etc use?
Use a mini gorilla tripod and a sports cam with a very wide angle. Many little tripods come with a "smart" phone holder if you don't want to buy a camera.