• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Best 3x3 Cube for you

What should I organize the cubes by?

• Feel

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Magnet Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stability

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Speed

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Manufacturer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Price

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

chocool6

How to submit

These days, as you know 3x3 hardware is super good, and cubes at any price range are going to be great. Because of this, I feel like there isn't a best 3x3 and you should pick your cube based on what kind of feel you want. I made this thread in order to make a list of all of the relevant cubes and their traits/feel, to make it easier to choose a cube.

You cannot submit a cube that you do not own.

This is going to be community contributed, to add your cube and it's description fill out this form:
Code:
Cube Name:
Feel (scratchy, smooth, etc):
Magnet strength (if it's customizable just write customizable):
Stability:
Speed:
Matte Finish:
Good lubes for the cube:
Who would like this cube (optional):
If the cube you'd like to contribute is already on the thread, but you have a different opinion, then please still post it. I will merge it with the existing description. I'll be keeping this for fairly relevant 3x3s only for now.

$0-$10

$10-$20

Qiyi Wuwei ($15)
Feel: Clacky, Smooth-ish. Feels like a mix between the GTS3 and Valk 3
Magnet strength: In between moderate and strong
Stability: Extremely High
Speed: Above average
Matte Finish: No
Good lubes for the cube: Angstrom Dignitas, Angstrom Gravitas, DNM-37
Who would like this cube (optional): People who enjoyed the stability of the valk but want something faster
@Sub1Hour

$20-$30

$30-$40

Dayan Tengyun V2 M ($32)
Feel (scratchy, smooth, etc): Scratchy/sandy initially, smooth with break-in and lube, feels decently blocky and clean at tight settings
Magnet strength (if it's customizable just write customizable): Customisable
Stability: Very good, I perform just fine on even low settings, though I dislike the feeling
Speed: Quite fast, but not noticeable until you use a slower cube, it’s so stable
Matte Finish: Sort of matte, becomes glossy
Good lubes for the cube: Heavy weight lubes (3-5) for added smoothness and control, as well as faster lubes like DNM-37 in case you find it too slow after making it smooth (base speed is quite fast though, my settings are quite tight and I have used some 30K, which is why mine feels slightly slow)
Who would like this cube (optional): People looking for a good all rounder, at a decent price, with all the customisability you need.
@PetrusQuber

$40-$50

$50-$60

Edit: Added @Sub1Hour's idea of "Who would like this cube"

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube Name: Qiyi Wuwei
Feel: Clacky, Smooth-ish. Feels like a mix between the GTS3 and Valk 3
Magnet strength: In between moderate and strong
Stability: Extremely High
Speed: Above average
Good lubes for the cube: Angstrom Dignitas, Angstrom Gravitas, DNM-37

I will also add another category here

Who would like this cube?: People who enjoyed the stability of the valk but want something faster

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube Name: Dayan Tengyun V2 M
Feel (scratchy, smooth, etc): Scratchy/sandy initially, smooth with break-in and lube, feels decently blocky and clean at tight settings
Stability: Very good, I perform just fine on even low settings, though I dislike the feeling
Speed: Quite fast, but not noticeable until you use a slower cube, it’s so stable
Good lubes for the cube: Heavy weight lubes (3-5) for added smoothness and control, as well as faster lubes like DNM-37 in case you find it too slow after making it smooth (base speed is quite fast though, my settings are quite tight and I have used some 30K, which is why mine feels slightly slow)
Who would like this cube (optional): People looking for a good all rounder, at a decent price, with all the customisability you need.

Also I seem to remember https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/the-ultimate-review.76277/

chocool6

Cube Name: Dayan Tengyun V2 M

Also I seem to remember https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/the-ultimate-review.76277/
Oh oops didn't know this is already a thing, I guess great minds think alike