• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best 2x2 speedcube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCA
2010FORC01
There have been some relatively new cubes on the market like the wit two (type c), edison (havent heard anything about this one), and the v cube 2a. I already have a lanlan 2x2 but i am starting to speedcube 2x2 also. Is the lanlan still the best speedcube or have any of the newer cubes taken its place?

Also, what method should I learn? I have just finished memorizing Ortega algs but I am around 8-10 seconds cuz im just starting 2x2.

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mostly everyone favors the Type C. However, I'm still a fan of my original lanlan. It feels like I can turn w/o locking up as much.

If you just finished memorizing ortega algs, then use ortega. No need to switch already. Once you get down to like 5, switch to CLL.

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Since you are still sort of a beginner, a lanlan should do, but at some point I do recommend investing in a wit two.

And ortega is fine. I average sub-6 on it after 4 months of practice, and I still definitely have room to improve. The three most important aspects are: efficient first side, good recognition of cases, and learning to have to perform the algorithms quickly.

hyunchoi98

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did get a wittwo, but it seems a bit too... clicky/slow.
I lubed it with crc (that's the only lube i have) and it seems similar.
If i loosen the tensions, the internal pieces keep trying to pop.
But at a competition, i've seen people's wittwos to be pretty smooth.

Is there a mod i'm not doing? or did they just break it in alot?

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
I did get a wittwo, but it seems a bit too... clicky/slow.
I lubed it with crc (that's the only lube i have) and it seems similar.
If i loosen the tensions, the internal pieces keep trying to pop.
But at a competition, i've seen people's wittwos to be pretty smooth.

Is there a mod i'm not doing? or did they just break it in alot?

Where did you lube it? that could possibly affect it. I have my witwo lubed with lubix, and it works very well - even on the very loose tensions I have it on. And I have only had it pop on me once (out of hundreds of solves)

hyunchoi98

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where did you lube it? that could possibly affect it. I have my witwo lubed with lubix, and it works very well - even on the very loose tensions I have it on. And I have only had it pop on me once (out of hundreds of solves)

I just tried to cut corners a bit much and sprayed it in the crack. I put the straw INSIDE the cube where the core is, not on the outside pieces.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
My Wit 2 is bumpy. Not sure what's going on in there. I have a second one on the way. Maybe it will be better.

My lan lan's core stripped the first time I tried to adjust the tension. It was a bit gummy.
I liked the Sheng Shou a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.