• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Ben Barons 2.83 3x3 solve

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is the first time I see anyone believing Sameer lol, I thought he was known to fake quite a few home solves, so I think we can safely assume he doesn't have a sub3.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is no reason to not believe him.
Well, here's one reason (keep in mind, Sameer is a friend of mine): his reaction to a recent sub-4 solve he got is a lot more boisterous than you would expect from someone who previously got a 2.78.

I don't know if he faked the 2.78 or any other solves, but I do know a LOT of people think he did.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, here's one reason (keep in mind, Sameer is a friend of mine): his reaction to a recent sub-4 solve he got is a lot more boisterous than you would expect from someone who previously got a 2.78.

I don't know if he faked the 2.78 or any other solves, but I do know a LOT of people think he did.
I mean the recon seems legit, and he has TPS that even exceeds the speed the solve was, but idk how good his lookahead is. Also I have big reactions to 8s and 9s and I have a 6.8 that was insanely lucky

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

Wasn't that the solve with a 2-move F2L into an H-perm or something?

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Hperm one was ridiculous
The dude misscrambled by one move and it resulted in a 4move F2L OLL skip and Hperm but he locked up so badly that he got a mid 3. His youtube is MyLifeAsRiley and he has the correct scramble as well as the misscramble
it was 2015ish so hardware was trash

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
The Hperm one was ridiculous
The dude misscrambled by one move and it resulted in a 4move F2L OLL skip and Hperm but he locked up so badly that he got a mid 3. His youtube is MyLifeAsRiley and he has the correct scramble as well as the misscramble
it was 2015ish so hardware was trash
Yeah, that one.