• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Beginner's Rubik's Cube Tutorial

WCA
2009MARK03
YouTube
mrjames113083
Thread starter #1
A how to cube tutorial for beginners. Designed for those who have little to no experience and need somewhere to start.

The video is my attempt to add to the cubing community. Sometimes when searching for a way to start, some people get discouraged by how complicated some methods or tutorials can be. This video is as straight forward and simple as possible with time stamps to skip ahead or go back whenever needed.

This method can be built upon easily. By adding in F2L, the 7 sunes, and a few PLLs, a person averaging 2 minutes with this method can drop well below 30 seconds and then some.

Forward this video to anyone you know who is just starting to or wishes to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
TheUnknownCuber
First layer corners: Maybe you could have explained the case where 2 or more edges are correctly oriented, but incorrectly permuted (ex. WOB-corner is in WOG-slot, and WOG-corner is in WOB-slot)

For beginners the description would be easier to understand (PLL-stage) if you changed "Perm Edges" and "Perm Corners" into "Placing edges" or something like that

But yeah, i watched the entire thing :D

Last edited:
WCA
2014TIUA01
That's pretty good in my opinion. With the Beginner Method, I never hit sub 50. I just moved to Fridrich, then the amount of algs intimidated me and I found Roux...which is just amazing. I suggest you look into Fridrich, Roux, and maybe Petrus and ZZ if you feel like it's time to make a switch.