• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Beginner! i need help on what i should do next

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, im new to these forums, so if a beginner like me shouldn't be here, oh well.:(

i can solve the cube in about 1:45 using RobH0629's beginner method. i've begun learning intuitive F2l, but should i be learning it with my current time? I still have a not-so-broken-in store bought cube, so i guess i could shave off ten seconds, if i had a better cube. (mine's get stuck too many times:() so should i just practice the beginner method, or keep learning F2L?

with F2L, i get around 2 minutes and a half or sometimes, 3 minutes.

Last edited:

josmil1

keep working on your beginners method, until you are between 1:00 and 1:15 Although i suggest start learning 4 look last layer so u can get accustomed to it.

josmil1

Nope, most of it is intuitive, although there are a few cases where a simple algorithm could be faster. Look at Badmephisto's cross, f2l, oll, pll videos they are really helpful

miniGOINGS

colour scheme? you mean like.... white as bottom yellow as top?

On your cube, if the orange cross piece (this is assuming white cross on D) is on UF and the blue on is UR and both are oriented, do you do F2 R2 or F2 U2 L2 (just an example)?