• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BaiJie 百捷 New Cube (Funs Puzzle)

Echo Cubing

http://bbs.mf8-china.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=100434
Being bored in the Saturday morning, and found this new cube on MF8. As a cube lover, couldn't help to share with you. Hope this piece of translation would help. Translation might not as exact as original post on Mf8 forum. Guys, if you found something has been misinterpreted, please correct it

The latest Funs(方是) Puzzle BaiJie(百捷)

Name came from an ancient poem 《边将》 during Tang Dynasty(唐朝) by 秦韬玉(Qing Tao Yu). The original poem is “剑光如电马如风,百捷(Baijie)长轻是掌中” Couldn’t figure out the exact meaning of this poem, need to consult Funs designer though.
Guess: Wins all
After consulting from Funs Designer "将军的剑如同闪电般迅猛,骑着马如风般迅急,百战百胜的战局早已轻松的被他把撑在手中"
The general (in war) riding on fast horse like wind with his sharp sword like thunder, he has a belief in mind that he would win all wars.
Hope this translation is not too bad.

Baijie(百捷) is another design which cost a lot effort by Funs designers. Many of you might already impressed by Funs’ corner piece. They had an consumption when they designed Funs ShuangRen(霜刃)----If the corner piece design can be used on edge piece? Finally, this has been realized on this new cube (Baijie) which has also been applied to patent in China.
The structure is called Separated pathway structure of 3*3 Puzzle (三阶分轨道结构).

hb.jpg

jg3.jpg

jg1.jpg

aa.jpg

Introduction of Separated Pathway Structure
Structures of previous 3*3 are sharing a pathway with corner lock feet and edge lock feet. Because of space limitation, corner\edge lock feet couldn’t play their functions.
1. For people who knows structure quite well, ball lock feet is most ideal for corner lock feet which support the center piece perfectly and enjoys high stability.
2. Cylindrical edge lock feet are better than ball edge lock feet. In this case, the edge lock feet remain stable because no matter how the corner lock feet stretch, it wont reach to the edge lock feet.
3. In all, corner lock feet run on ball pathway, edge lock feet run on cylindrical pathway. Both separated.

Triple Anti-Pop Design
Witden version Four also has the separated pathway conception which designed by HN, same designer of Shuangren corner piece.
The conception of Separated Pathway by Witden 4*4 is Baijie’s prototype. The distinguished differences
1. Witden version Four has double lock feet on edge pieces
2. The inner pathway on Witden version Four isn’t full.
3. The corner piece on the external pathway by Witden version Four doesn’t apply ball lock feet.
Witden version Four is very stable only by the center piece of inner pathway, let alone Baijie (百捷) using full edge pieces on the inner pathway with something like “wing” which has anti-pop function already.
With long lock feet, anti-pop function would be improved by many times.

Baijie(百捷) has the least chance to pop in 3*3 version. Not “one of”, it is “the”.

bb.jpg

Have to say, this cube is not hyped because of its characteristic--Separated Pathway + Rotated Clip-On of Baijie edge pieces same with Shuangren’s corner pieces.
Impressive.

Two versions for Baijie(百捷) : 55mm and 57mm
Release Time: After the Spring Festival in China (2014-2-10)

Feel free to share any thought about this cube in this thread.
QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720131215190815.jpg

QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720131215191237.jpg

QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720131215192129.jpg

QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720131215192946.jpg

QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720131218201741.jpg

Last edited:
WCA
2014JAMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, this looks so cool! It resembles the Shuangren a lot, but the edge pieces have very large stock/anti-popping things. Oh and now I know what you were talking about ;) Oh, you should pick testers for this!

D

Deleted member 19792

Oh my god..... I just canceled my order from YJ.

I think this is going to be a good cube

Last edited by a moderator:

Royiky

There are so many new 3x3s coming out that are almost the same thing and finally something new.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Looks very promising.
ShuangRen is a terrific cube, but corner twists are a problem...looks like this should sort that out.
I'll be getting one!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
ShuangRen is my main and I've been looking forward to a new 3x3 from FangShi. Can't wait for this! :D
Same. Looks really interesting.
ShuangRen is a terrific cube, but corner twists are a problem...looks like this should sort that out.
I only ever get corner twists when scrambling, and idk why. The only time I've got one when solving in ~10,000 solves was a LL skip.