• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Back for yet another try.

ZEB4X.ca

Hi everyone,

I am 54 with 4 kids age 4, 10, 12, and 24. The 24yr old is great but I worry the younger ones aren't challenged enough. I am doing this for them hoping that they may take to it and leave netflix and fortnight for a while.

I am a PC tech and I program financial software for fun on the side.

I first can across the CUBE I'm sure over 40 yrs ago. Of course no youtube back then so I failed and lost interest. I picked it up again about 8yrs ago when I found the solution on the internet. I can now solve it using what I call a beginner method in about 90 seconds. Even that impresses some people.

I ordered 3 speed cubes and now want to push myself (and kids) to be the best we can be at CUBING. I figure memorizing the algo's has got to help keep dementia at bay, and the finger work may help with my arthritis.

Nice to have found you,

Cheers

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! There's always room for more of us ancient guys in the cubing community. I got my first cube in 1981 and just got back into cubing a year ago. Ya probably won't be averaging 15 seconds but you can still get tons of enjoyment out of the cube and the community

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hi everyone,

I am 54 with 4 kids age 4, 10, 12, and 24. The 24yr old is great but I worry the younger ones aren't challenged enough. I am doing this for them hoping that they may take to it and leave netflix and fortnight for a while.

I first can across the CUBE I'm sure over 40 yrs ago. Of course no youtube back then so I failed and lost interest. I picked it up again about 8yrs ago when I found the solution on the internet. I can now solve it using what I call a beginner method in about 90 seconds. Even that impresses some people.

I ordered 3 speed cubes and now want to push myself (and kids) to be the best we can be at CUBING. I figure memorizing the algo's has got to help keep dementia at bay, and the finger work may help with my arthritis.

Nice to have found you,

Cheers
Welcome @ZEB4X.ca. I hope that everything works out for you in getting your kids to learn so speedsolve. I think that once they try it they will really like it...at least one of them might:) There are so many different events/cubes and a lot of ways to solve them that you/they should never get board learning to speed solving.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel

Old Tom

WCA
2018DOYL02
Hi everyone,

Nice to have found you,

Cheers

Welcome! I am perhaps the oldest guy atound here, 80 this past June. Celebrated by entering my first WCA comp in July (I survived, barely). Do join us in the Older Cubers forum. There is a lot of discussion of blind solving there (I am trying it now), but don't let that deter you. All posts are welcome.

Reactions: pjk