• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ruffleduck's Thread

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Happy new year everyone. Here are my mains, averages and goals heading into 2022:

3x3 - Tengyun v1 3x3, corner magnet modded and strong spring swap. Currently average 11 with ZZ. Goal: average 8, finish TUL ZBLL
Megaminx - Dayan v2. Currently average low 1:10 with YDH. Goal: average sub 50, learn OLL/PLL (maybe not in full yet)
3BLD - Same Tengyun. Currently average DNF with OP. Goal: average sub 1 min, learn 3-style.

i will work on other events too but i have no set goal

Good luck reaching average 8!

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
After a couple months of active use, I am now quitting CN ZZ. I think it was a valuable skill to learn, and I may return to it someday, but I think it is heavily hindering both my inspection and lookahead currently. I am switching to y neutrality, so that I can have a consistent cross (white) with consistent pair locations. (I never had a problem with CFOP lookahead CN because I never really had to worry about back slots)

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
After a couple months of active use, I am now quitting CN ZZ. I think it was a valuable skill to learn, and I may return to it someday, but I think it is heavily hindering both my inspection and lookahead currently. I am switching to y neutrality, so that I can have a consistent cross (white) with consistent pair locations. (I never had a problem with CFOP lookahead CN because I never really had to worry about back slots)
Interesting development...thanks for updating us.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually like just y neutrality most as well. I think you should still do CN when you notice an easy CN cross though.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Currently working on generating and learning OLS algorithms. RU'R'URU'R' F2L set is done generated, going to finish learning soon. This is very useful subset because many cases set up to it.

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Currently working on generating and learning OLS algorithms. RU'R'URU'R' F2L set is done generated, going to finish learning soon. This is very useful subset because many cases set up to it.

Thanks for the hard work.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3 - Tengyun v1 3x3, corner magnet modded
Did you just add corner magnets? Did you cut off the little yellow nubs inside? I attempted extra magnets but because of the bit of plastic in the way I'm not sure if it added to magnet strength or just made the cube heavier.