• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ayce's progression to sub-10 on 3x3. | Clock time! |

Ayce

So I've decided to give into the progression thread of do a progression thread, my goals

1. Sub-10 ao5 on 3x3!
2. 1# for Massachusetts clock single and average. (currently #10 for single and #11 average)
3. Sub-1:00 on 4x4
4. Improving on 3BLD, learn 4BLD and 5BLD!
5. Be able to compete in any event without worrying about cutoffs. And then actually compete in it.
6. Learn 3-cycle

No deadline. No clue how this works but I'll make it work :D

Last edited:

Imsoosm

So I've decided to give into the progression thread of do a progression thread, my goals

1. Sub-10 ao5 on 3x3, currently averaging 17
2. 1# for Massachusetts clock single and average.

What do you average in clock?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel

1. Sub-10 ao5 on 3x3, currently averaging 17
2. 1# for Massachusetts clock single and average.

What do you average in 3-bld? And race to sub-1? I averaged sub-1:40 with M2/Op, but I slowed down due to me getting faster at 3-style corners.

Ayce

I'm struggling to get certain letter pairs to stick, my only plan to improve that is practice.

Ayce

The ones easiest to stick is video game characters for some reason, GP, Gangplank, BH, Bloodhound. An edges audio memo is also hard without vowels, it’s like, 8 different sounds and if I’m lucky that the last letter of the pair is a vowel i can smash the next letter pair on top with helps speed things up.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The ones easiest to stick is video game characters for some reason, GP, Gangplank, BH, Bloodhound. An edges audio memo is also hard without vowels, it’s like, 8 different sounds and if I’m lucky that the last letter of the pair is a vowel i can smash the next letter pair on top with helps speed things up.
Well, edge audio is hard to memo. But if you can do m2 edges in around 15 seconds, you should be able to do memo for edges in the same amount of time without any pauses. (Man, I should focus on that, too...)

Ayce

In a good solve for me, 45 seconds on corner memo, 1 minute of edge memo, 1 minute on execution.
Normally it take 1 minute for corners, and 90 seconds for edges, execution varies wildly.

Ayce

So update,
Clock ao100 is 9.38
3x3 ao100 is 17.34
My 4x4 time are fluctuating, my best, which I got today, is 1:43.48

3BLD hasn't been going amazing, sometimes I swear I got everything and I missed a flipped edge on the other side of the cube. Learning 4BLD is also going slow, so many weird algs and doing slice moves are super weird to fingertrick. I recorded an ao5 that I'll probably post to some critique thread. Working on learning full OLL, ~35/57, the Massachusetts ao5 record for clock is 7.30, which is super do-able if I get some good scrambles and a bit of luck.

Ayce

Here is an ao5, any advice would be appreciated!

I got a solid 17.09 ao100, and I got my ao1000 down to 18.22.

Clock is going great, new record of an ao5, 8.33, which would put me 2nd in the state. I also got an ao100 of 9.37.

3BLD still struggling, nothing recent but I also haven’t done any attempts so… Go check out the video I posted.

edit: CubingUSA hasn’t updated state rankings since at least Northeast Champs

Last edited:

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
Here is an ao5, any advice would be appreciated!

I got a solid 17.09 ao100, and I got my ao1000 down to 18.22.

Clock is going great, new record of an ao5, 8.33, which would put me 2nd in the state. I also got an ao100 of 9.37.

3BLD still struggling, nothing recent but I also haven’t done any attempts so… Go check out the video I posted.

edit: CubingUSA hasn’t updated state rankings since at least Northeast Champs
that is pretty good. Try improving ur fingertricks, that m move on the second solve should be done with a push

Ayce

Update:

3x3:
Ao1000 is at 18.07, very close to sub 18, and I broke my mo3 record.
3BLD:
After no sucesses for over a month I finally got one down, 3:34.84 gonna keep pushing for more soon!

Nothing new for clock or 4x4

CubingUSA updated their rankings for Massachusetts, I'm currently 12th in the state for average, (my competition average sucked I know, It was my first time competing since 2019) and 11th for single, the top clock single is 4.00 which I can't even dream of getting as my PB is 5.95, and my times are seeming to plateau again. The state record for average is 5.15, which also seems impossible for the last few reasons. I'll make some video of an ao5 like I did with 3x3 and post it somewhere.