• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Average 3 of 5: 18.92, need suggestions

Shmekekey

YouTube
Visit Channel

Any help is greatly appreciated :]

(and any criticism as long as it's constructive)

Oh. And I already know I'm not stopping the timer properly xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastersonian

YouTube
Visit Channel

Any help is greatly appreciated :]

(and any criticism as long as it's constructive)

Oh. And I already know I'm not stopping the timer properly xD

It looks like you are not looking ahead far enough for F2L, you may need a little more practice identifying the PLL too. It also looks like you are color nuetral, am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Color Neutral FTW!

Those are some pretty awesome solves. How are you slow in any way?

Now I'm in no position to say this (I'm not that good....), but you might want to learn full PLL. It would make you a lot faster.

Edit: I like the sound of your cube...

Okay, I've just reviewed the video again...I think you can totally be sub 17 with a little better PLL recognition, full PLL and a little bit more look ahead during F2L.

Last edited:

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
I suggest learning full PLL....?
How on earth are you sub 20 with full PLL.. it looks like you know full OLL though..
That's kinda backwards..
And your F2L lookahead could be better, you pause quite a bit
As well as your PLL recognition, it seems very slow for sub-20

blgentry

It's humble of you to say you're slow, but be real. Your times are amazing. You can probably get better with advice from those who are faster, or just with practice and insight that you figure out yourself. But you are WAY faster than most cubers will ever be. I've been cubing for over a year and I'm no where near the 20 second mark.

Brian.

Shmekekey

YouTube
Visit Channel
I suggest learning full PLL....?
How on earth are you sub 20 with full PLL.. it looks like you know full OLL though..
That's kinda backwards..
And your F2L lookahead could be better, you pause quite a bit
As well as your PLL recognition, it seems very slow for sub-20

Haha. I don't really know that many OLLs at all. I guess I might have just gotten lucky and nobody caught me using 2-look. And I'm almost full PLL. I have about 4 more to learn

It's humble of you to say you're slow, but be real. Your times are amazing. You can probably get better with advice from those who are faster, or just with practice and insight that you figure out yourself. But you are WAY faster than most cubers will ever be. I've been cubing for over a year and I'm no where near the 20 second mark.

Brian.

How is that humble? I was asking the super advanced cubers that get sub-15 averages.

And you'll get there. Don't worry

D

Deleted member 2864

you're not that slow. Actually you're decently fast.