• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Autonomous Anonymous - A Community to Help YouTube Cubers Break Barriers

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I saw the title of the thread, and while watching the beginning of the video, I had a feeling that this was just going to be another noob moaning about how speedcubing is hard. I was WRONG.

I think that this is a really nice idea for breaking barriers, but I think that the technique that I use is probably easier.
Whenever I think that I'm at a barrier, for example, sub-50 on 4x4, I solve continuously until I get a "good" average of 12 relative to what I normally get, then I stop solving 4x4 for about a week. I try to speedsolve a LOT during that week, but no 4x4. This keeps my brain into cubing, but takes me out of the brain-dead stage on 4x4 that you mentioned earlier.

After the week is over, I come back to 4x4. A week is long enough that I get out of the brain-dead stage, but short enough that I don't get any slower. Every time that I've used this technique I've broken the barrier almost immediately (within 50 solves).

Regardless, I still think that this is a really awesome idea for people who don't like my technique. Thanks for giving us this idea!

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I saw the title of the thread, and while watching the beginning of the video, I had a feeling that this was just going to be another noob moaning about how speedcubing is hard. I was WRONG.

I think that this is a really nice idea for breaking barriers, but I think that the technique that I use is probably easier.
Whenever I think that I'm at a barrier, for example, sub-50 on 4x4, I solve continuously until I get a "good" average of 12 relative to what I normally get, then I stop solving 4x4 for about a week. I try to speedsolve a LOT during that week, but no 4x4. This keeps my brain into cubing, but takes me out of the brain-dead stage on 4x4 that you mentioned earlier.

After the week is over, I come back to 4x4. A week is long enough that I get out of the brain-dead stage, but short enough that I don't get any slower. Every time that I've used this technique I've broken the barrier almost immediately (within 50 solves).

Regardless, I still think that this is a really awesome idea for people who don't like my technique. Thanks for giving us this idea!

I could in no way be able to leave a puzzle unused for a week :D

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks for the response! Yes, there are many ways to break barriers, but I find this way one of the most effective.

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should maybe consider making a facebook group

Hmm... I just don't want to exclude people who don't have a facebook, and also I'm not sure how many people want to have privacy for their real names. People can always communicate on this thread and in the comments on YT.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you DID make a fb group though, I'd join. It could be like an optional thing too, I mean nobody has to join the FB group if they don't want to. It could just sort of be an addition to the YT "community"

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's funny about that?

It made me realize that there are different categories of cubers:

-Those who just learn to solve
-usually beginner's method
-some like speed, some learn once (probably because they saw cubers and followed the bandwagon) and will likely never solve again
-Those active on the internet (YT, SS, TP)
-speedsolvers
-collectors

Ehh, I found it a bit funny

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Abram Grimsley Forum Competitions 53
Glendering Cubing Help & Questions 5