• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aussie speedcubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
As there has never been a WCA santioned event in Australia yet, we will not really know. But maybe the New Zealand WCA sanctioned event may reveal both unknown speedcubers in both countries. There is talk of an official WCA event in Australia, but how close it is to reality is unknown.

I'm sure when an WCA endorsed event comes to Australia, I'm sure we'll see Australia's depth in speedcubing revealed and how fast we are as a nation compared to the rest of the world.

I cannot speedcube really fast as I can't do fast and accurate pattern matching and reconisition as I scored only 2/10 in a Ravens Spatial Reconition Test in the early 1990's.

Edge pairing is just like that test and that's why I hate edge pairing with a passion, but I do persist and solve all my cubes.

Anyway, here's my PB's:

1x1x1: 0.13s (0.21s BLD)
2x2x2: 20s (Really lucky here)
3x3x3: 1:20 (Really, really lucky here, average 2:00)
4x4x4: 6:10
5x5x5: 10:30 (Really lucky here, average 13:30)
6x6x6: 40:00 (By use of Gabbasoft, I'd buy a real V6 if it was not crap)
7x7x7: 34:30 (Average 45:00)

I'll soon own a pryaminx and a floppy cube (1x3x3).

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As there has never been a WCA santioned event in Australia yet, we will not really know. But maybe the New Zealand WCA sanctioned event may reveal both unknown speedcubers in both countries. There is talk of an official WCA event in Australia, but how close it is to reality is unknown.
I'm sure when an WCA endorsed event comes to Australia, I'm sure we'll see Australia's depth in speedcubing revealed and how fast we are as a nation compared to the rest of the world.

I cannot speedcube really fast as I can't do fast and accurate pattern matching and reconisition as I scored only 2/10 in a Ravens Spatial Reconition Test in the early 1990's.

Edge pairing is just like that test and that's why I hate edge pairing with a passion, but I do persist and solve all my cubes.

Anyway, here's my PB's:

1x1x1: 0.13s (0.21s BLD)
2x2x2: 20s (Really lucky here)
3x3x3: 1:20 (Really, really lucky here, average 2:00)
4x4x4: 6:10
5x5x5: 10:30 (Really lucky here, average 13:30)
6x6x6: 40:00 (By use of Gabbasoft, I'd buy a real V6 if it was not crap)
7x7x7: 34:30 (Average 45:00)

I'll soon own a pryaminx and a floppy cube (1x3x3).
Doubt it. The top 3 were from the forums. Me, Luke and Dene. If someone was fast, I'm sure that they would be active in the
speedcubing community

Trust me, we're getting closer. Venue, and sponsors seem quite easy to get at the moment. Trust me, Tim and I have contacts. (Btw, Melbourne)

That made me laugh.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
That is good news about a WCA event here in Australia. Afterall, even countries to out north do have WCA events (like Indonesia, Malaysia etc).

Total cost of a V6 (cube plus S/H plus processing fee) and converted to AUD is about $71. The figure for a V5 is about $60 and about $80 for a V7. I own a V5 and V7.

And my 1x3x3 floppy arrived today. It was an Ebay order. It was ordered with two complete sets od stickers for a 3x3x3 cube and two 1x1x1 cubes.

Last edited:

jbrungar

Premium Member
WCA
2009BRUN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Doubt it. The top 3 were from the forums. Me, Luke and Dene. If someone was fast, I'm sure that they would be active in the
speedcubing community
I was contacted by quite a few Aussies who could not make it (and a lot more NZers), don't know how fast they are though. Also I know of someone here that's pretty close to Luke and Dene but could not make it to Wellington, and are not on this forum. Not everyone has a lot of spare time, and would rather spend the little they have practicing cubing than on forums etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.