• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Yeah so most upcoming comps have been cancelled around Australia. Championships cancelled include: VIC, NSW & QLD champs. The only regular local comp still going ahead is Cranbourne Crazy Clock Challenge. Hoping most of these cancelled competitions can be rescheduled after the outbreak. Stay safe everyone.

Waffles

Yeah so most upcoming comps have been cancelled around Australia. Championships cancelled include: VIC, NSW & QLD champs. The only regular local comp still going ahead is Cranbourne Crazy Clock Challenge. Hoping most of these cancelled competitions can be rescheduled after the outbreak. Stay safe everyone.

Did they cancel the WA competition?

Also the Cranbourne one is late enough that it may escape the COVID outbreak IN VICTORIA (I hope. First BLD attempt for me there). By late August I assume it’s going to be under control. If I had to make a guess, that’s when they’d be holding the state championships again. Or early September. tbh I’m just guessing but it’s an educated guess, backed up by an amount of hope that roughly fills a 123x917 metre space.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Did they cancel the WA competition?

Also the Cranbourne one is late enough that it may escape the COVID outbreak IN VICTORIA (I hope. First BLD attempt for me there). By late August I assume it’s going to be under control. If I had to make a guess, that’s when they’d be holding the state championships again. Or early September. tbh I’m just guessing but it’s an educated guess, backed up by an amount of hope that roughly fills a 123x917 metre space.
WA is still currently going ahead since it is a while away but I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled. I hope the Victorian State Championships are held at a later date and I might even be able to go if it is postponed until after the soccer season (unlikely tho, will probably have to wait for cube days).

Waffles

I hope the Victorian State Championships are held at a later date and I might even be able to go if it is postponed until after the soccer season (unlikely tho, will probably have to wait for cube days).

The old date for VIC State was on my sisters birthday (3rd) and friend’s birthday (4th). I wouldn’t mind if it was in September, except if it was on my birthday (or tbh grand final weekend, I always go away then) and hopefully they can find venues for cube days. That’s apparently been the problem all over Australia.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The old date for VIC State was on my sisters birthday (3rd) and friend’s birthday (4th). I wouldn’t mind if it was in September, except if it was on my birthday (or tbh grand final weekend, I always go away then) and hopefully they can find venues for cube days. That’s apparently been the problem all over Australia.
An outdoor comp could be interesting if they don’t find venues, although impractical for something as large as Melbourne Cube Days.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The NT Championship scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation around the country.

I would also be keeping an eye on the Cranbourne comp considering that it is coming up in the next month.