• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Assorted sq1 Algs - Full EP and CP Parity

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of the most comprehensive EP lists available in English.

So, this has been a little project over the past week. Now that I have a good average in comp and on video, I feel like I should actually learn more stuff, so I started collecting the best EP algs I could find for each case mainly from a thread by Weifeng Cheng and Lars' site. However, some of them were still pretty bad, so I found different algs for those cases. I failed to record the source for each alg, but I would put it at a 60/10/30 split (Weifeng Cheng/Lars/me). Algs I found were occasionally mirrors and reflections, but in some cases were due to a f***ton of experimentation, notably anything involving H, O, Z and opp with parity.

Additionally, CP parity cases are listed at the bottom too. Credit goes to Andrew Nelson for the idea and the initial algs, but I improved some of the algs (at least for my fingertricks) by experimentation (it also turns out that two of "my" algs were listed at the end of the linked thread).

My notes and notation should be easy enough to understand. The comment at the right normally refers to how to adjust the faces, but my wording might be confusing. Generally, it's "(comment for U EP), (comment for D EP)", but with H cases, for example, this needs no comment. I haven't completed the "flips middle?" column, because that was added half way through, and I can't be bothered to check the rest. Additionally, algs with a red background are still pretty bad, so I would appreciate it if anyone gave me better algs :3

(Also, I'm probably going to learn CP parity rather than full EP.)

Last edited:

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
heres my cp parities:

JJ: /(-3,0)/(-3,0)/(-5,0)/(-2,0)/(4,0)/(-4,0)/(-2,0)/(5,0)/(-3,0)/ [UR DL]
JS: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(2,0)/(-4,0)/(4,0)/(2,0)/(1,0)/(-3,-3)/ [UR]
SJ: /(-3,-3)/(0,1)/(-4,-2)/(-4,0)/(-4,0)/(2,-4)/(-1,0)/(-3,-3)/ [DF]

JN: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(2,0)/(-4,0)/(4,0)/(2,0)/(-5,0)/(-3,-3)/ [UL]
NJ: /(-3,-3)/(0,1)/(-4,-2)/(-4,0)/(-4,0)/(2,-4)/(5,0)/(-3,-3)/ [DB]

NN: /(-3,-3)/(3,0)/(-3,-3)/(2,0)(-4,2)/(4,-2)/(-5,0)/(-3,-3)/
NS: /(3,3)/(-1,0)/(-4,2)/(4,-2)/(1,0)/(-3,-3)/
SN: /(-3,-3)/(2,-3)/(-4,2)/(4,-2)/(1,0)/(-3,-3)/

deepSubDiver

For the flipping column, you might want to use this formula in cell E3 and drag it down:
Code:
=IF(MOD(LEN(D3)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(D3;"/";"")); 2) = 0; "No"; "Yes")
Other than that, nice collection :)

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
this is quite good. you should find a site to put it on and trow some pictures with it, and like (UR>UL). but definitely keep the ccw and all that. makes it very organized in my opinion. Oh and thank you for all your hard work. maybe we should make a wiki like the PLL's have.... hmm, idk, just saying random thoughts as i type. giraffe.

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
this is quite good. you should find a site to put it on and trow some pictures with it, and like (UR>UL). but definitely keep the ccw and all that. makes it very organized in my opinion. Oh and thank you for all your hard work. maybe we should make a wiki like the PLL's have.... hmm, idk, just saying random thoughts as i type. giraffe.

I was tempted to use VisualCube to make images for each case. It's not like I have many other things on at the moment :/

Also, thanks deepSubDiver. I don't know how to do any of that stuff in Excel.

MacDragon

Hey!
Just found this thread and even though it has been some time since last update, I needed to thank you! Very nice work, and will probably help me a lot!

"My method", if I can even call it that way, is to make regular CP (I'm REALLY bad identifying parity, on 4x4 too...) and then, if you consider P as parity and N as non-parity, we have 4 main groups ():
P/P
P/N
N/P
N/N

I basically know one alg for each of the first three to make a NN, and I want to learn all NN algs (25 algs), but I have just began (know about 8)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey!
Just found this thread and even though it has been some time since last update, I needed to thank you! Very nice work, and will probably help me a lot!

"My method", if I can even call it that way, is to make regular CP (I'm REALLY bad identifying parity, on 4x4 too...) and then, if you consider P as parity and N as non-parity, we have 4 main groups ():
P/P
P/N
N/P
N/N

I basically know one alg for each of the first three to make a NN, and I want to learn all NN algs (25 algs), but I have just began (know about 8)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

I was having that same issue until i found this. Clicky

MacDragon

ccw U ccw U 1,0 / 3,0 / -1,-1 / 3,0 / -5,1 / 5,0 Yes Both at right

Shouldn't the top one be on left?

MacDragon

well.. posting again some months later, but I really liked the effort made by MTGjumper and I think this should be used by everyone that wants to improve in SQ-1, so..

Z - 1,0 / -1,-1 / -2,1 / -1,-1 / 4,-1 / -1,-1 / 0,1 At FL
should be "+"1

MacDragon

I saw that it was updated in my GDocs list, so I came back here! I still have a lot of things to learn, so I'm really excited to review the algs.

Even though I have not checked it yet, I want to thank you guys! Recently I did a sub35 official average, and I really want to go sub25.

Thanks!