• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Assembling a YJ Guansu 4x4?

Nick4nick6

WCA
2015GAYE01
Hi all,
I got my Guansu today and the cube popped on me while I was tensioning the cube.
I am new to 4x4 so if you would like to give me any tips on how to tension a 4x4, that would be greatly be appreciated.
Anyway, can you guys tell me a way or link a video on how to assemble a Guansu step by step.

Abo

Look up a video on 4x4 assembly, I think JRCuber did one using a weisu, but it's kinda all the same for any 4x4, and you can do things like tape sections together to keep things together, which isn't necessary until 5+ layer cubes

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I have a Guansu that I am in the process of modding. As far as 4x4's go it's pretty difficult to put back together (compared to my Aosu and MeiYu). The internal pieces slide so easily over each other, so building up the core is a hasstle .... but ... if you use some kind of tape like electrical tape to hold the internal pieces together while you're building up the outer pieces is huge help

MoFoYa

I have this cube also and I adjusted the tensions a little loose. Later, during a scramble, it popped one of the little pieces from inside. I had to take a layer off to reinsert it. With pops that are that annoying I'd rather tension it on the tighter side.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Use some electrical tape to hold the core together while you build it up. It's easy to pull it all out when the cube is assembled. I won't build up a 4x4 now without electrical tape as I don't feel like the frustrating mission of struggling with the core.

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
I did manage to get it assembled after about 2 hours, 1 hour of which was just getting the first few pieces in. The best way I thought in the end was to stick the big and small internal pieces together with weight 5 lube so its easier to slot in between the centers. Was all going well until I turned the cube and it grinded and some of the layers didn't turn, turns out I'd assembled the core wrong and the little bumps (which I wasn't even aware of) were mis-aligned, long story short I had to dis-assemble it and after 3 hours all I had was the core assembled, albeit correctly this time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: