• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[AsR] 2.48 Pyraminx Average - Yulun Wu

turtwig

Apparently the scrambles were really easy. A bunch of people got sub-2 singles and other PB's.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just tried them out. I got a 2.56 average, but I +2ed a 1.95 on the fourth solve. Without the +2, it would've been a 2.32 average... :eek:

2017-07-15.jpg

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
Just tried them out. I got a 2.56 average, but I +2ed a 1.95 on the fourth solve. Without the +2, it would've been a 2.32 average... :eek:

2017-07-15.jpg
I got 3.46 which is amazing since I avg 4.7 lol
times(P.S Scrambles dont mach becouse I am lazy to input them ok dont judge nub)
Generated By csTimer on 2017-7-15
avg of 12: 31.80

Generated By csTimer on 2017-7-15
avg of 5: 3.46

Time List:
1. 3.56 R' B' L' B' R' B' U' B' l' r' b' u
2. 3.23 L U' L' R' L B' R B' L' r b'
3. 3.59 L B L' R' U B' R' L l r' b u
4. (1.99) U L B' R' L R B' L l r'
5. (6.41) U' R B' L R U R' B l' r b' u

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
But does he deserve that record? Isn't pyraminx a "luck-based" event?
There is a difference between record average and winning average.

For example and the nats 2016 drew brads got and the 2.14 WR pyra average and tend won the first three rounds but ended up 2nd in the finals. In the finals livia Kleiner won making her the US champion but I would have to say that drew was better in pretty much every way that comp. Best average: drew got a 2.14 (WR1) and livia got a 2.67 I think (WR3) and drew won 3 rounds whereas livia won 1. The 1 round livia won happened to be the finals wiwith pretty much comes down to luck.

Here a crazy fast Pyraminxer got crazy easy scrambles resulting in a record. But that's how all records are made. If it wasn't a crazy fast Pyraminxer or crazy easy scrambles it would be just another average. All records are lucky canceling luck as a factor.

turtwig

But does he deserve that record? Isn't pyraminx a "luck-based" event?

That doesn't make any sense. So because Pyraminx is more luck-based, then he doesn't deserve the record? Doesn't that mean that no results in Pyraminx should matter, because it's all luck-based and no one deserves the times that they get? Unless you cheated, why would you not deserve a record that you got?

I_<3_SCS

turtwig

And there, you said:

Why wouldn't a winner in a "luck-based" event automatically deserve it? If you win pyraminx at a competition, do you fee like a "fraud"?

I guess that people could 'not deserve' results that they get (I've gotten really lucky in comps before, so I know what it feels like), but I tend to think that people deserve the results that they get, even if they were lucky. As people have said before me, records are less luck-based then championships, and average records are definitely harder to get and 'more deserved' then single records.