• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Are parents the major reason for speedcubers in India being slow?

Are parents the major reason for speedcubers in India being slow?

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

Aaditeya

A previous thread 'Why are cubers in India so slow?' , a majority of people said that it is more because of parents . But did you ever question yourself saying that ? Please participate in the Poll and give your suggestions after thinking about this .

And I'm saying MAJOR reason . So please don't take that as the ONLY reason .

Last edited:

Aaditeya

Who said cubers in India are slow?

A thread , 'Why are cubers in India so slow?'. And my question is on people in that thread saying PARENTS are the reason for a major population of Speed cubers being not as fast as the generation which is now there . India is working on its speed in speed cubing . We are not slow but average .

And THANKS for participating !:tu

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR SOME "OTHER STUFF"=CUBING

your excuse was

we prioritize on studies and other stuff (for some "other stuff"=Cubing)

for indians being slow(or on the slow side, you said that indians aren't slow but then you came with''instead we prioritize on studies'' so I'm not sure what you're trying to say), but if you also prioritize on cubing then how is that an excuse for being slow? I was just saying that india is not the only country where people study and cube simultaneously.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This whole thing is ridiculous. Painting all cubers from one country does not represent each individual cuber. Look at the olympics. It is often certain countries doing well in certain events but that doesn't mean that it represents the people are "slow" or fast because they are from the country themselves.

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This whole thing is ridiculous. Painting all cubers from one country does not represent each individual cuber. Look at the olympics. It is often certain countries doing well in certain events but that doesn't mean that it represents the people are "slow" or fast because they are from the country themselves.
Ok yeah sure. But the fact of the matter is that India is just statistically not as fast at cubing compared to some other countries. 0.73% of US cubers have sub 10 averages compared to 0.17% of Indian cubers. UK has a solid 1.67%, Poland has .89%, and even Australia and Mexico are better. It is just kind of surprising considering they have relatively large community.

I'm sure people will pick apart my stats and show how I'm wrong, but there you go.

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok yeah sure. But the fact of the matter is that India is just statistically not as fast at cubing compared to some other countries. 0.73% of US cubers have sub 10 averages compared to 0.17% of Indian cubers. UK has a solid 1.67%, Poland has .89%, and even Australia and Mexico are better. It is just kind of surprising considering they have relatively large community.

I'm sure people will pick apart my stats and show how I'm wrong, but there you go.

I guess maybe india has a lot more noob cubers?

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
To be fair, being in an education system in an Asian country is far more taxing than in a Western country. This isn't a hasty generalisation; I have had classmates who migrated (or returned) from Europe and America, and they pretty much got a rude shock when they joined local schools here.

Last edited:

Aaditeya

Okay , not all but take the major population which is into Speed cubing .

mns112

WCA
2014DESH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Indian education system just gets on my nerves. The amount of importance given to sitting in a class learning things that would be useless to you later is too much. I would rather just stay home learning on my own than from someone who is just in it for the money. (This is directed to one of my teachers who complains about the money she is earning. Take no notice of me. I'm just ranting here.) Overall, I just think Collin is lucky