• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Are New types (a) White 3x3's really worth 30 dollars?

DAE_JA_VOO

You're wrong. I'd be more than willing to pay $30 for my Type A DIY.

EDIT: Oh man life it tough on teh intarwebz hey? You have to prove yourself to random people on youtube to stay alive...

lol.

TomZ

Maybe you're willing to pay that for it, but actually they're sold evrywhere around the net for as little as $6.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i think by new type 1 he means the ones with the new anti-pop mechanism which are harder to find and sold for more...
Maybe its a matter of assembly but I don't really like but but i have heard of people who have.
So i'll say no for me.

n00bcubix

WCA
2008JUNH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not the one who is saying it is worht 30 dollars :D
I'm not gonna even purchase it, it's just dpark95 keeps calling me stupid and an idiot for saying it is NOT worth 30$

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
What is the definition of somethings worth? It is what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm not willing to pay $90M for a Van Gogh, but someone is, so that means it's worth it, by definition. The difference you're arguing with the cubes is that they're worth $30 to someone, just not to you.

I think the wisest post in this thread is from Dae_Ja_Voo. Why do you feel the need to prove something to a stranger?

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wouldn't that be because of inflation? I'm not too sure about it but maybe in other countries, the cubes cost more because their dollar is worth more? So maybe Americans would think $20 for a cube is expensive (which it is) but when those people compare it to their dollar, it's actually cheap. I think this MIGHT be the reason, and I hope I said it right.

n00bcubix

WCA
2008JUNH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
now he is saying, (you no how you said about as little as 6$,) he said it's japanese money, idiot.. And i said proveit, and he said how can i? Everyone like needs to teach him a lesson...

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
stiff (I mean really really stiff, 1 tps at best using lots of force), non-rubik, springless cubes are all you can find in China, they are sold by street vendors for 2-3 yuan ($0.25). I searched everywhere and cannot find a Rubik, DIY, or anything else. Many of the cubes have numbers, or pictures of cartoon animals. They suck, but are cheap to use to mod into a siamese cube.:) I had like 5, but did not take them back to US.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
now he is saying, (you no how you said about as little as 6$,) he said it's japanese money, idiot.. And i said proveit, and he said how can i? Everyone like needs to teach him a lesson...

So hang on, does he mean 6 Yen?? You realise that is worth something like 1 cent?

DAE_JA_VOO

I think the wisest post in this thread is from Dae_Ja_Voo. Why do you feel the need to prove something to a stranger?

Exactly. Who gives a crap what he thinks. My girlfriend thinks it's silly that i sit and cube until 3am in the mornings, but i think it's cool. The fact that she thinks it's silly isn't going to stop me. Similarly, if someone thinks it's silly that i paid $12 for my DIY, i really couldn't care less. It's my cash, my cube.