• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Are Cubesmith Stickers better than default ones?

mahajarama

I was wondering if Cubesmith stickers are of better quality than the stickers on my store bought rubik's cube (it is a regular pre-assembled cube).

Yeah, I second that. On my first cube (Rubik's brand) the stickers started coming off after a week or so. Cubesmith stickers last much longer.

I have, too, heard that the stickers from Cubesmith are tons better than the ones they sell from a store. Regular stickers usually peel off, depending on the size of the cube (3*3, 4*4, 5*5) and how often you have used it. For example, with my 4*4 cube, the stickers on that started to come off within a week. My 3*3 on the other hand, has hardly any pealed stickers. They aren't in mint condition but are still stuck on to the cube nicely. This is a cube i have had since February, and i cube very often.

pou-pou

My 3*3 on the other hand, has hardly any pealed stickers. They aren't in mint condition but are still stuck on to the cube nicely. This is a cube i have had since February, and i cube very often.

Dunno if you have the same stickers that I had, but they didn't like "peel off" 'cause the normal Rubik's stickers are laminated paper they'll start eventually to curl up. Cubesmiths' stickers don't do that, 'cause they are straight from a vinyl roll. I've been cubing from early March and I had to change, for the sake of recognition, my stickers after a month. I've had the same stickers ever since, only thing that they have suffered, is from my fingernails. (Trying to perform those fingertricks with anger :D)

doubleyou

tiles do last for ever. but if you have tried stickers, then you would always choose you stickered cube before your tiled one.
tiles are sorta slippery imo and not good for speed

Squircifer

I would definitely say that the Cubesmith stickers are better. I use the textured tiles on all my cubes now... not to mention that they look better than the shiny ones.

adamb123

I would definitely say that the Cubesmith stickers are better. I use the textured tiles on all my cubes now... not to mention that they look better than the shiny ones.

Yeah, I have one cube that has textured, and one that has non. I deffently like the textured better, but the non-textured are still much better than default stickers.

Lotsofsloths

WCA
2007SAHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering if Cubesmith stickers are of better quality than the stickers on my store bought rubik's cube (it is a regular pre-assembled cube).
Cubesmith is stickers are amazing, NO questions asked.
Although you have to put them on manually, they still last way longer than the stickers that the regular cube comes with.