• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Apple's iOS 7 Using Cube 3x3 Format in Folders

info

Is it possible that the Cube had any influence on the designing of Apple' 3x3 format within individual folders? At any rate, it may be possible to apply our knowledge in this area somehow. :)

Potterapple

WCA
2013KAPO01
Impossible. There are absolutely zero geeks at apple.

Sorry i disagree!! I know a few people (over internet) who are 'geeks'. Though they are nit in the design team. And a geek is not only a person who solves a cube there are a billion other things that make a person a geek. If you still wish to say your point. You should say there is no one who can solve the cube at apple. Though i doubt that too.
Yes i am a Apple Fanboy. Bring in all the hate if you wish. But im putting my point.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was being sarcastic. I know people who are geeks and work at apple. I'm a Linux user and a apple fan.

I'd imagine that a VERY large percentage of Apple staff are 'geeks'. Certainly in the development departments.

The marketing and design teams are comparatively small, but probably also contain a high proportion of geeks.

Apple users, on the other hand, are becoming less geeky due to the emergence of the Mac as a status symbol over the past 10 years or so. Used to be only fellow geeks respected you for using a Mac, now all the cool kids have one!

Dapianokid

Cubes being referenced to in media and just about everywhere else in the universe is practically a given. Almost everything I have ever watched or toyed with had some kind of clear reference to it, and manyyy movies have it. I try to spot cubes in things. It's not obsession, it's just a thing that happens becuase of how incredibly popular cubes are. Cubing, however, for whatever reason is very obscure.