• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

APB - An algorithmic system for EO + RB after 2x2x3

Athefre

So, what is the final alg count for all pair situations?

For dl, is it just ~64 cases for dFR and ~64 cases for dBR? Or am I missing some?
For using the same pair every solve, which is my recommendation until really advanced use, it is 63 EOPair algorithms and 116 L3P algorithms. For a total of 179 algorithms.

Oriented pair EOPair: 31
Misoriented pair EOPair: 32
L3P: 116

Later you can learn the algorithms for when the pair is a move away from being paired. Or algorithms for other pairs. There will be new L3P algorithms for each pair. It is possible to use the same EOPair algorithms for various pairs.

Added a Beginners page with a simple strategy for the algorithm learning process. The summary is that if you don't know the alg for the current EOPair case, insert the pair then use one of 11 algs to orient all edges. Then if you don't know the alg for the current L3P case, insert the D layer edge (just two easy cases) then solve the remaining F2L pair.

tsmosher

For using the same pair every solve, which is my recommendation until really advanced use, it is 63 EOPair algorithms and 116 L3P algorithms. For a total of 179 algorithms.

Oriented pair EOPair: 31
Misoriented pair EOPair: 32
L3P: 116

Later you can learn the algorithms for when the pair is a move away from being paired. Or algorithms for other pairs. There will be new L3P algorithms for each pair. It is possible to use the same EOPair algorithms for various pairs.

My question was more around how practical it would be to learn all EOPair cases for a given slot and a given 223 orientation.

e.g., If I always build a 223 in dl, and I always want to insert dBR as my EOPair, how many cases would I have to learn in order to cover all F2L scenarios (i.e., make this step entirely algorithmic)?

For the record, I assume this would be a huge number, at least as large as ZBLS (302 cases).

Athefre

My question was more around how practical it would be to learn all EOPair cases for a given slot and a given 223 orientation.

e.g., If I always build a 223 in dl, and I always want to insert dBR as my EOPair, how many cases would I have to learn in order to cover all F2L scenarios (i.e., make this step entirely algorithmic)?

For the record, I assume this would be a huge number, at least as large as ZBLS (302 cases).

I put it into trangium's batch solver and it showed a little over 2,000 cases. This would be to orient all edges while solving the dBR pair no matter where the corner and edge is.