• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anyone good musical knowledge?

Brian Le

I'm desperate to actually be posting in a forum lol... Does anyone know a song that describes/represents intellect or intelligence?

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Could be more specific? Are you talking about singing songs or like orchestra songs? Because I play the Violin and I'm in an All -State Orchestra (One of the best orchestras in every state). So I'm really good at the violin, but that my not be what you're asking for?

And a song that describes/represents intellect or intelligence? What do you mean by that? If you're playing a song for an instrument, you need to be intelligent (in playing music) so....:confused:

Brian Le

Could be more specific? Are you talking about singing songs or like orchestra songs? Because I play the Violin and I'm in an All -State Orchestra (One of the best orchestras in every state). So I'm really good at the violin, but that my not be what you're asking for?

And a song that describes/represents intellect or intelligence? What do you mean by that? If you're playing a song for an instrument, you need to be intelligent (in playing music) so....:confused:

Well, it could be musical or lyrical. I just need a song that would represent intelligence.

PS. I play the violin too!

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
ummm.... okay... well... what do you mean by a song that describes/represent intellect or intelligence?

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay... well does what I said before count?

"If you're playing a song for an instrument, you need to be intelligent (in plaing music)"

Never mind, I'm not really interested in this topic anyway so...

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01

Well, it could be musical or lyrical. I just need a song that would represent intelligence.

PS. I play the violin too!

Double Bass for me here, not classical tough, but Rock & Roll. :D

F.P.

Er...probably I'm the right one to talk about that. :)

Even though I didn't really get what you mean; regarding "intelligent" music I would recommend mozart and bach; mozart being the greatest musical genius ever.
A german physician analysed his works and he was using the same intervalls and chords to express certain emotions his whole life; so when he composed music at the age of nine years, he used the same intervalls/chords etc. to express "love" as he did in his later years.

Bach was pretty much into numbers...he didn't compose his music for anyone but god; an austrian mathematician actually analysed his works too and found really interesting things, though it's pretty hard to explain them here.

And there is also new music, which is considered as highly intelligent.
You maybe want to check out Ligeti, Webern and Berg (basically Webern, Berg, Schönberg - Wiener Schule); this is about dodecaphonics, 12-tone-music...it's all maths. :)

Though...for me personally it would be Bachs Air of the Suite 3 in D-Dur / BWV 1068 (very popular, most people just call it "Air", pretty weird since every suite has an "Air"...and Bach has written more than one ;) ).

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It has been proven that newly born infants actually prefer to listen to Mozart than other music. They tried slightly altering some of his pieces, by having a bit of a gap put in somewhere, and newly born infants showed a clear preference for the original work. You can interpret this any way you like but it seems that there is a kind of natural sound to it that the infants like.

If you are looking for good music then I recommend Korn.