• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anyone else have an issue with suddenly slowing down?

emps

This recently happened to my 3x3 times (11-12 avg to 14-16 avg)

I haven't noticed much change to my solves, but my 3x3 times just shot up suddenly. I have a comp in 2 days and I was hoping to make final round, and i wont be able to with a 14-16 avg.

However, all my other events have been improving steadily. 2x2 went from 6 to 5 avg, 3x3 oh from 45 to 35, 4x4 from 1:30 to 1:05, 5x5 from 3:30 to 2:30, etc.

Why is my 3x3 deproving? I've been practicing

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
This recently happened to my 3x3 times (11-12 avg to 14-16 avg)

I haven't noticed much change to my solves, but my 3x3 times just shot up suddenly. I have a comp in 2 days and I was hoping to make final round, and i wont be able to with a 14-16 avg.

However, all my other events have been improving steadily. 2x2 went from 6 to 5 avg, 3x3 oh from 45 to 35, 4x4 from 1:30 to 1:05, 5x5 from 3:30 to 2:30, etc.

Why is my 3x3 deproving? I've been practicing
Very strange, have you been sleeping and eating well?

aerocube

maybe you unconsciously learnt some bad habit during practicing that you're doing now

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe you're trying too hard. Try to relax some, stop timing yourself or a few days and just enjoy solving. Switch to another cube.

What helps me a lot is this. My main is a YLM M. And when I practice I usually practice on my Warrior W. It's definitely not as good, but I still get decent times on it. Then when I switch back to my YLM my times are usually a little faster.

WCA
2018JARV02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stop timing your 3x3 solves for the final day leading up to comp. Do slow solves and make sure your look ahead is good and your solving every f2l case efficiently.

If there are any last layer cases that you mess up, make sure your finger tricks are good and drill them.

Other than that your situation seems strange and I've never heard of something like it. Just make sure that the practice your doing is things that will help you improve and not just timed solves.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

emps

Well, my sleep schedule has been kinda weird recently, that could be why. anyway, thanks for the advice, hopefully i wont die at comp.

emps

Guess who got a 11 avg in comp and made final round!

not me

i got a 13.96 avg r1 and r 2 i got a 15-16 avg didnt really care to check

only event i did better than at home is skewb and that was like a 25 sec avg cus im slow

hhh

Guess who got a 11 avg in comp and made final round!

not me

i got a 13.96 avg r1 and r 2 i got a 15-16 avg didnt really care to check

only event i did better than at home is skewb and that was like a 25 sec avg cus im slow
really have me in the first half,did you still cubing? curious to know what's ur average now