• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anyone else getting a major pop every 10 moves on the Shengshou 6x6?

CoasterKingII

How do I get rid of this. I just got a big pop(for like the 5th time in the one SOLVE) and I got so fed up with it that I hit it with a stick until the whole thing fell apart. Help me. What mods can I do. I already did a corner mod where I sand down the corner so it is round and resembles a GuHong corner. I can't get any good times because if I try to turn even moderately fast, it explodes. Terrible cube and if I can't fix this crap, I am just going to get an Aoshi.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Popping is one of the things that you can't really do a mod to fix. Sanding down a corner will do nothing to reduce popping. It will only help create more popping. Pops happen because the cube is too loose, really badly designed, or you have a really bad turning style. The only way to really fix it would be to tighten the cube, or turn more accurately. You may have over modded it. Try the Dayan spring swap mod if you haven't already. The SS 6x6 does have a tendency to pop, but not as often as you describe.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, the mod may have made the cube worse, but it's hard to know. Try tightening it a lot, until either you don't get pops or until you can't tighten the screws at all. I don't like my (completely unmodded) SS 6x6 that much, but at least I can usually finish a solve without popping anything other than an oblique or two.

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
I get pops every solve too. I bought the moyu one to see if it pops less (its also white my shenshou 6x6 is the only black main which bothers me) and from the reviews ive read its more stable. So ill be getting it tommorow so i will try to be one here to tell you if its better

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have owned a Shengshou 6x6 since October 2011 and after over 1000 solves (as a 6x6 and emulating many cuboids and smaller NxNXN cubes) has only popped once.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
How do I get rid of this. I just got a big pop(for like the 5th time in the one SOLVE) and I got so fed up with it that I hit it with a stick until the whole thing fell apart. Help me. What mods can I do. I already did a corner mod where I sand down the corner so it is round and resembles a GuHong corner. I can't get any good times because if I try to turn even moderately fast, it explodes. Terrible cube and if I can't fix this crap, I am just going to get an Aoshi.

Maybe the cube doesn't like you?

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
The moyu 6x6 is a lot more stable ive done 15 or so solves and it hasnt popped once. There were 3 minor lockups but none of them cost more than 2 seconds. After trying to pop it i did get one oblique to pop out but it took a get 40 seconds of trying and it simple fell to the floor it didnt go flying like pieces int he shenshou do. It is however a little slower but im comparing a well brokenin and lubed shenshou to a non broken in unlubed moyu so it should speed up after some work

CoasterKingII

Should I do Cube4you springs or dayan springs? Different people on youtube are saying different springs.