• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Any bluetooth cubing timer with competing?

Osric

If I can ever get enough people helping me to test it, I plan to add competitions & collaborative cubing to my blueroux site.

For this, I had 5 ideas that are interrelated:

1- "Wordle" style - everyone gets the same sequence of scrambles each day, so each time you solve you'll see how you did relative to others that day;
2- "real time" - you and others solve the same scramble at the same time and can see each other's progress on the solve
3- "collaborative" - you and someone else are solving and discussing the same scramble, and keeping your cubes in sync as you work through it
4- "virtual" - you solve a virtual cube and lose as soon as someone finishes; and then immediately can start on the next scramble because you don't have to scramble your cube, but are merely using it as a game controller for the onscreen cube
5- "Example Solve Game" integration - click on the example solve thread here on speedsolving, do the solve, and have it automatically put your follow up post on the clipboard for pasting for the next person

All of these are relatively trivial to implement on top of the base that I have already built.

Lastly, it should be noted that for competition I would like to support multiple modes of competition - one for move count only within longish time limit, one for time only, and perhaps hybrid scoring schemes so that people can compete in ways they are interested in.

Osric

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I can ever get enough people helping me to test it, I plan to add competitions & collaborative cubing to my blueroux site.

1- "Wordle" style - everyone gets the same sequence of scrambles each day, so each time you solve you'll see how you did relative to others that day;
2- "real time" - you and others solve the same scramble at the same time and can see each other's progress on the solve
3- "collaborative" - you and someone else are solving and discussing the same scramble, and keeping your cubes in sync as you work through it
4- "virtual" - you solve a virtual cube and lose as soon as someone finishes; and then immediately can start on the next scramble because you don't have to scramble your cube, but are merely using it as a game controller for the onscreen cube
5- "Example Solve Game" integration - click on the example solve thread here on speedsolving, do the solve, and have it automatically put your follow up post on the clipboard for pasting for the next person

All of these are relatively trivial to implement on top of the base that I have already built.

Lastly, it should be noted that for competition I would like to support multiple modes of competition - one for move count only within longish time limit, one for time only, and perhaps hybrid scoring schemes so that people can compete in ways they are interested in.

Osric
nice one, ostrich!

I am looking forward to those inovations

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Osric
I would be willing to test competitions and the collaborative cubing features if you are open for testers!