• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Anthony Brooks 9.89 3x3 average of 12

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And people are saying Wayne Rooney's goal was the sports feat of the decade. Psshhh.

This average isn't all that great lol. If I can manage to keep my hands steady after a good start I'm sure I can get a sub 9.6 average on video.
Anyway, Rooney's goal was association football at its finest. xD

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I say we change the venue to somewhere in Melbourne, and then Anthony can get the WR there.
I'll take to NAR, and you can get the NR.
All of these go for single and average.
Gogogogogo.

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
A good goal. It was sexy but Dempsey's in the World Cup was better. Although a fumble by Green, that man worked hard for his goal turning his defender twice just outside the 18. That's hard to do to a Varsity soccer player let alone to a defender playing on one of the best teams in the world.

/off-topic

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A good goal. It was sexy but Dempsey's in the World Cup was better. Although a fumble by Green, that man worked hard for his goal turning his defender twice just outside the 18. That's hard to do to a Varsity soccer player let alone to a defender playing on one of the best teams in the world.

/off-topic
lolno

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02

Joke? Rooney was served a lollipop in open space inside the penalty area. He just biked it in. Very impressive but doesn't take too much tactically. He literally made a run, got the cross, and kicked it. Dempsey took the ball from midfield, turned his defender once, cut the other way, and turned him again, then shot. He wasn't give some nice cross that was just happened to be in the right spot. It was a lucky goal, but as far as the man working for the goal, Dempsey's was better.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Joke? Rooney was served a lollipop in open space inside the penalty area. He just biked it in. Very impressive but doesn't take too much tactically. He literally made a run, got the cross, and kicked it. Dempsey took the ball from midfield, turned his defender once, cut the other way, and turned him again, then shot. He wasn't give some nice cross that was just happened to be in the right spot. It was a lucky goal, but as far as the man working for the goal, Dempsey's was better.

First of all, Rooney's shot was placed perfectly away from the keeper in the top corner. Throw in some points for him being upside down while doing it with a defender on either side of him. Finding open space isn't luck. Second of all, Dempsey's goal was fine, but you can't give him credit just because he's American. There are countless plays better then that by any good EPL player. Shots like Rooney's don't happen.

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Neither of those defenders were pressuring Rooney though. The one on the far side had his head down waiting to head the ball away from the net. He was literally crouched down ready to get it. The other defender tried to do the same thing. He missed clearing the ball and it got to Rooney. Also, the first defender who was marking Rooney over ran him. That just happened to work Rooney's way since he say where the ball was going to go first and turned to get there before the defender could effectively react. Look at the goalie too. Yes, Rooney positioned the ball pretty damn well but the goalie was repositioning to block the shot from the man on the far side of the net, which is what the most probable play was. Once the goalie was moving to the far side and his momentum was traveling that way and he was out of his stance he had no chance reacting to the ball. In reality the pressure on Rooney was pretty minimal. Error on the part of two defenders and poor luck for the goalie made it not too hard to get a goal.

I'm also not just some Dempsey fanboy. Had the shot gone the other way and Rooney had that goal and Time Howard and fumbled it I'd still give as much credit to Rooney. Dempsey also wasn't in the EPL. He was competing in the World Cup which is a higher level of competition.

Dempsey wasn't lucky at all, until the ball got to Green of course. Dempsey single handedly made his own opportunity and capitalized.

Rooney's shot was better BUT Dempsey played the cards he was given better.

Last edited:

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Neither of those defenders were pressuring Rooney though. The one on the far side had his head down waiting to head the ball away from the net. He was literally crouched down ready to get it. The other defender tried to do the same thing. He missed clearing the ball and it got to Rooney. Also, the first defender who was marking Rooney over ran him. That just happened to work Rooney's way since he say where the ball was going to go first and turned to get there before the defender could effectively react. Look at the goalie too. Yes, Rooney positioned the ball pretty damn well but the goalie was repositioning to block the shot from the man on the far side of the net, which is what the most probable play was. Once the goalie was moving to the far side and his momentum was traveling that way and he was out of his stance he had no chance reacting to the ball. In reality the pressure on Rooney was pretty minimal. Error on the part of two defenders and poor luck for the goalie made it not too hard to get a goal.

I'm also not just some Dempsey fanboy. Had the shot gone the other way and Rooney had that goal and Time Howard and fumbled it I'd still give as much credit to Rooney. Dempsey also wasn't in the EPL. He was competing in the World Cup which is a higher level of competition.

Dempsey wasn't lucky at all, until the ball got to Green of course. Dempsey single handedly made his own opportunity and capitalized.

Rooney's shot was better BUT Dempsey played the cards he was given better.

I concede that the defenders weren't pressuring him that much, but Rooney's goal doesn't measure up to most of the goals in this video, which is just one of hundreds with plays far better then Dempsey's. Now, show me a single shot taken better then Rooney's. Also, the World Cup is not that much higher then the EPL, difficulty wise, especially looking at the match up of Rooney's goal.

Last edited:

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
True, EPL isn't much lower than the World Cup, but it's still lower. I'm not arguing that Rooney had the better shot. Dempsey made the better play and then got lucky as anyone has ever gotten in the history of soccer.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
True, EPL isn't much lower than the World Cup, but it's still lower. I'm not arguing that Rooney had the better shot. Dempsey made the better play and then got lucky as anyone has ever gotten in the history of soccer.

Ok, what I'm saying is that in all aspects of the play, Rooney's goal was far better then Dempsey's. Beautiful cross, incredible finish vs. good dribbling, poor but lucky finish. Why don't you read this article. Also, sorry for hijacking your thread Anthony, I'm done.