• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Another way to write algs?

WCA
2019HADA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In any language, there are two ways of writing the same word: 1. writing it normally or writing it using phonetics. So, what if it was the same with cubing but instead of having phonetics, you'd have different fingertricks. For example, some algs use fingertricks like U using a left hand flick or push so you'd write U differently. Doing this will allow us to know directly how the alg is normally executed or how someone else would execute it. There'd also be one for things like different ways of regripping or things like that. Obviously, i don't think we're at the point of cubing where we really need to create nor do i think that having to memorize all the possible fingertricks is better but i think that we should talk about this.

WCA
2019HADA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i mean there is cushan. it makes reading algs easier

check them out at cushan.io
the problem is that we don't know how the alg would be executed... what i'm trying to do is to have an absolute way of executing an alg... it's like how phonetics were created so that there's an absolute way of saying words because imagine if people said the word fire by saying "fi-ree

Obviously this wouldn't be used frequently but it's still good to normalize alg executions

the only problem is alg executions are subjective...

brododragon

Here ya go:

Everyone click on it and give me free likes.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes I get confused with the U and U' while say memorising ZBLL algorithms or 5-style algorithms. I try to use Yo notation to sort out all the mental confusion and get a clear picture. And the added bonus is that I can memorise the alg easily as it becomes letter pairs for me.

Here, is the link to how I memorise algs in a very easy way:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bfDsydw6pxBftd8Xwik95FNjILGkdrJMBO5EORbftII/edit?usp=sharing

I hope it helps. Any feedback is appreciated.