• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Another one hooked to cubing

Halimua

Okey! So, have been reading the forums a little while now and my brother made me sign up (well, practically forced me!).

I'm 25 years old cuber (not so sure about the "speed-"part yet, hah!) from Finland. My brother (goes by the username toma) was the one who got me hooked. I actually bought him his first Rubik's cube ages ago! :) Was really impressed when he started speedsolving, but could never imagine I could do it too. Always been really bad at puzzles.

He tried to show me how to solve one some time ago, but I just didn't understand how it worked. It took me like 30 minutes with him telling me pretty much every move and he was laughing all the way 'cos I didn't get any of it. It was quite hilarious. :D So I kind of gave up on the whole idea.

But then, maybe three weeks ago or so, my brother came to visit for a week and got my boyfriend solving. I still kind of thought that I couldn't do it, but few days later started to play with one cube. I decided that I would just solve one side if I could and leave it at that. :D You might guess how this story ends.

Now I have my very own (pink!) cube, it's a GuHong and I love it. <3 Ordered a ZhanChi too, but it was out of stock. Probably gonna get it at some point though.
I'm averaging under 2 minutes now (1.44 average of 5 yesterday) and my best solve is 1.25. Trying to get sub 1 min. I think that's pretty much my limit. At the moment my method is intuitive f2l and 2 look oll & pll.

Never ever would have thought I could solve one, let alone solve one this fast! :) (Obviously, my times are very slow to most of you, but I'm proud.)

Eleredo

Welcome Halimua.

GuHong's are awesome! I remember when I first solved a GuHong at this meet-up with other cubers and I immediately bought it there haha. I thought it was so awesome that I couldn't even bother to wait two weeks to order one myself. :p

Your times are quite good! I bet you'll get under a minute in no time. Never say that you have reached your limit, you can always improve. :)

Best of luck to you and I hope you'll enjoy your stay in this great community. :D

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
BrainOfCubing
Welcome to the forums. It seems like you're making a fast progress, good to hear :D
Trying to get sub 1 min. I think that's pretty much my limit. At the moment my method is intuitive f2l and 2 look oll & pll.
Was for me too. The it became 50. Then 45, then 40, 35 and now 30. Well I have sub-30's almost every average, but I only average sub-35 so far. I hope the GuHong v2 will change that, because when my Alpha CC doesn't explode, lock up or corner twist, that's when I get my sub-30's :fp

Titan

Now I have my very own (pink!) cube, it's a GuHong and I love it. <3
Pink cube hehe, never seen one of those. Anyway, welcome to the world of Speedcubing and I wish you the best of luck!~