• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Alpha VI Haiyan 3x3

janelle

WCA
2010TINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a review I made awhile back. Compared to the Guhong, I'd probably have to say the Guhong is better. They're both fast and but the Guhong is more smooth fast while Haiyan is more clickly. The Haiyan is a really great cube though it's just mine had a tendency to lock up because of my cubing style. Just a warning the sticker my Haiyan came with were really kind of bad since the red/orange and blue/green are a bit indistinguishable, but stickers are an easy fix.

Off topic: Yay for another WA cuber :)

Last edited by a moderator:

avgdi

WCA
2011VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got one of those cubes when it first came out. I really didn't like it. I only ever did about 10 solves on it. The pieces are rounded so it had a really weird feel to it.
And yes, the stickers that it comes with are crap.
Get a Guhong, or a Linyun.

Off topic: Yay for another WA cuber :)

I second that.
If your on Facebook you should join our group. We're having a meetup next weekend.

daniel0731ex

Alpha Haiyan is good for OH.

And it's got nothing to do with the A6. An Alpha Haiyan is an Alpha Haiyan.

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
I had one for a while, but i sold it to a friend for 10 dollars (good deal for me). I have a GuHong right now, and honestly i don't like that much either, so expect this review to be a bit on the pessimistic side. I got the Haiyan in a trade for my Taiyan, instead of Baiyan it from a store. As i was Traiyan it out, it was feeling fast like a Laiyan, but I was Craiyan, cause it's locks were Defaiyan. Now i'm not Craiyan, because it's no longer Maiyan.
GuHong is slightly smoother, and cuts corners better, but i still don't like it much.

F15HB41T

I got the Haiyan in a trade for my Taiyan, instead of Baiyan it from a store. As i was Traiyan it out, it was feeling fast like a Laiyan, but I was Craiyan, cause it's locks were Defaiyan. Now i'm not Craiyan, because it's no longer Maiyan.

Wow. That was some Ryaiman.

Last edited:

F15HB41T

I second that.
If your on Facebook you should join our group. We're having a meetup next weekend.

Sorry, not on Facebook, and I don't really want to be.
As for the meet up, I live in Vancouver, by Portland, so it would be pretty far for me to go, and my parents definitely wouldn't drive all that way to support "my addiction" as they call it. But if I am ever in Seattle I will be sure to see if I can go to one of your meet ups. It would be a lot of fun since I don't know any other cubers.

avgdi

WCA
2011VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, not on Facebook, and I don't really want to be.
As for the meet up, I live in Vancouver, by Portland, so it would be pretty far for me to go, and my parents definitely wouldn't drive all that way to support "my addiction" as they call it. But if I am ever in Seattle I will be sure to see if I can go to one of your meet ups. It would be a lot of fun since I don't know any other cubers.

Nothing wrong with that.
This coming meetup is in Bellingham, so it would be a really far.
The next one will probably be in Seattle though. Since you don't have FB I'll try to remember to remind you of our next meetup.

Also, I think there is going to be a competition in Vancouver BC in a few months. Just to give you a heads up.

F15HB41T

Since you don't have FB I'll try to remember to remind you of our next meetup.

Also, I think there is going to be a competition in Vancouver BC in a few months. Just to give you a heads up.

Alright, thanks. There is a slight chance I could go to a competition in BC, so I might see you if there is one!