• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Algorithms in the form of music?

CubingRF

YouTube
Visit Channel
The T Perm in the form of music:

This is actually how I memorized the T Perm and other algorithms, assigning each letter, for example R, to a specific sound.
Would love to hear what you guys' feedback and also your methods in remembering algorithms.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
This is very interesting. I would love to know more about it. Did you assign similar or completely different sounds to R and R'? If doing a U2 for example would you have the U sound twice or a separate U2 sound?
What made you choose these sounds over different piano pitches or different timbres of instruments for example?
I assume you are musically inclined or are an auditory learning?

CubingRF

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is very interesting. I would love to know more about it.
Of course you can!

This is very interesting. I would love to know more about it. Did you assign similar or completely different sounds to R and R'? If doing a U2 for example would you have the U sound twice or a separate U2 sound?

For the R and the R', or any inverse moves it'll be the same for me.
For twice moves, the sound is played twice as we say U2 separated like U--2.

What made you choose these sounds over different piano pitches or different timbres of instruments for example?

I actually chose the sound over different pianos that fits well and the notes are assigned by speaking. If for example, you say the letter U with a bit of low pitch. That works same for pianos.

I assume you are musically inclined or are an auditory learning?

For this, I use my voice and translated it into a form of sound. Musically inclined, I find myself messing stuff with this kind of thing.

I'm no professional or a real piano player, I just tend to stick with making short music and some editing.

Hope this answers your questions. ;)