• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Algorithm Selection

Matt

Currently, I'm working on full Fridrich. I know intuitive F2L, am working on advancing from 2-look to 1-look OLL, and know full PLL. I get all my OLL and PLL algorithms from badmephisto's site http://www.badmephisto.com. I've seen people constantly emphasizing how important good algorithms are. What I'm wondering is are there any algorithms on badmephisto's site that you would have a better, faster alternative for?
Thanks.

maggot

Most of those are the ones I use... I rarely use his left J perm, but I know it.. I use left handed J or y R'U2RUR'zR2'UR'DRU'... which sounds weird, but its what I do lmao... also z perm use 2gen. The aforementioned j perm is not supposed to be z, it is supposed to be a U2LU'R etc.. but I perform with the cube rotation because it is more friendly to me that way

Last edited:

BigSams

Use the speedsolving wiki. There is a sh!tload of algs. And don't forget to contribute to the wiki if you can :)

bluedasher

I use maggot's J perm. I would execute the OLL or PLL from badmephisto's site and if it feels awkward or slow learn a new one.