• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Alg Breakdown thread

Vcuber6

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a thread where you can give me an alg(the name and actual alg), Ex(Aa perm,x L2 D2 L' U' L D2 L' U L' ) and I will break down into something easier to remember, and give advice for easy memo.I am a cfop solver,but since this is a thread for just algs, and not one method I can do any method algs.example in attachments.

hope this is useful,
VCuber6

Attachments

• alg breakdown template.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
This is a thread where you can give me an alg(the name and actual alg), Ex(Aa perm,x L2 D2 L' U' L D2 L' U L' ) and I will break down into something easier to remember, and give advice for easy memo.I am a cfop solver,but since this is a thread for just algs, and not one method I can do any method algs.example in attachments.

hope this is useful,
VCuber6

Alg memorization is something that a cuber should learn to do by himself, they shouldn't need to come to someone else every time they learn an alg. It is cool that you're helping though

(Also are you a lefty? Typically A-perms are done mirrored to the alg you showed)

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alg memorization is something that a cuber should learn to do by himself, they shouldn't need to come to someone else every time they learn an alg. It is cool that you're helping though

(Also are you a lefty? Typically A-perms are done mirrored to the alg you showed)
J perm uses righty a perms even though he does all his other algs lefty to avoid regripping his non-dominant hand and to keep the headlights on the right.

zzcuberman

J perm uses righty a perms even though he does all his other algs lefty to avoid regripping his non-dominant hand and to keep the headlights on the right.
Dont be a follower! You shouldve said thats how you like to do it for that reason. Not say j lerm does this. Find your own path and i also say cubers should find their own way to memorise algs themselves

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dont be a follower! You shouldve said thats how you like to do it for that reason. Not say j lerm does this. Find your own path and i also say cubers should find their own way to memorise algs themselves
I'm right handed and use righty a perms. After seeing j perm use the a perms with his opposite hand, I totally see the logic in it and I wish I could execute lefty a perms fast because they're currently my only pll that I don't execute with headlights on the left. I was only pointing this out because there IS a reason to do a perms with your opposite hand.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I do Ab perm with my left hand, but all of my other PLLs are with my right. I figure that while you're doing the x rotation, you can regrip.