• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AJT17's Cubing Progression: Journey To Becoming The Fastest Anthony In OH (Sub-14 OH Before May 4)

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I am currently trying to learn 3-blind for an upcoming comp, and I am having trouble with how to memorize a new cycle, like after I hit the buffer piece I don't know what to do, and the videos I have watched, it isn't really explained much, and I don't understand it. Any help or recommendations are much appreciated.
EDIT: I am learning old pochmann.

NmeCuber

WCA
2022ETHR01
So I am currently trying to learn 3-blind for an upcoming comp, and I am having trouble with how to memorize a new cycle, like after I hit the buffer piece I don't know what to do, and the videos I have watched, it isn't really explained much, and I don't understand it. Any help or recommendations are much appreciated.
When you hit the buffer you end the cycle, and I usually rotate to get a different piece in the buffer position, however this may not be totally accurate as I have not gotten a successful bld solve

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you hit the buffer you end the cycle, and I usually rotate to get a different piece in the buffer position, however this may not be totally accurate as I have not gotten a successful bld solve
Could you do an example solve so I can try to understand it more? I have trouble trying to visualize it, and I think if I can follow along with an example solve it might help me to finally understand it.

NmeCuber

WCA
2022ETHR01
3BLD reconstruction of edges.
I use t perm for edges to switch UL and UR
to deal with flipped edges I do R U R' U' M' U R U' Rw' y M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2 y' to flip UF and UB
Scramble: F2 R B2 R' F2 D2 R' D2 R D2 U2 L2 B D2 R' F2 D' U F2 L B2
y' (I like starting with orange front and white top)
Letter pairs:
WinD JaCk (I know there will be a flipped edge at the buffer piece so I just visually memorize that)
y JOe S (flipped edge at the buffer piece again) so I do R2 U R2 y or then execute flipping alg. Then do parity alg to get to corners.
BUT WAIT. There was two edges we didn't cycle through as you can see the green orange edge and the green yellow edge are flipped. Visually memo them. So we should do an x y' R2 U R2 y then execute flipping alg then rotate back y x' and your set for corners.
Sorry if this was confusing and inefficient. Please tell me if any part didn't make sense

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
EDIT: I am learning old pochmann.
Hi, continue learning and practising OP method for 3BLD.

I would recommend you to check out this list of BLD resources as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a82Pt0JEkcgDbq2EqCzPja8NcgPL7MmyqTILTs8KUHA/edit?usp=sharing

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Scramble: D' L2 F U2 F R2 B2 U2 F' U2 F2 U2 R D' U2 L2 R2 F2 D' Rw' Uw'
Edges: HO EJ SX IQ TU J
Flipped Edge
Parity Algorithm
Corners: QC IW HL X
Success: Yes
I just got a sighted blind success, I wrote out my memorization, and I followed it exactly while occasionally looking at the cube to make sure it was right, and it was! This is my first step to a true blind solve, I am glad that I was able to write the memo out correctly. I think after I get a couple more sighted success's that I will try to solve the cube without looking at it until I am done, then I will try a true blind solve. I solved it white top green front.

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a hand scramble and I got an easy 1 cycle for both edges and corners
Scramble: U L2 U' B2 U R2 F2 U' B2 D2 L F2 L' U' L D R' U'
Edges: RW CJ VD UL AT X
Parity: Yes
Corners: MB LK TF X
Success: Yes
I had to do some shenanigans to get the scramble for this one, but thankfully I was able to find it.
I was able to plan out this memo correctly, and I even did it without using a template cube that had the letters on them, and I did it while I was on a walk with my family, but I didn't try to solve it until I got home so I could get the scramble.

Also I recently learned all PLL's and I did an all PLL relay and I got a sub 45 second time.

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to work on corners only blind solves, with typing my memo, but then closing my eyes/not looking at the cube or memo to solve it, so I can get better at remembering the memo. I am glad that cstimer has a corner only scramble type though, it helps with this a lot.

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My second 3-blind corner success, I am still typing out the letters, but I am not looking at the cube or memo while I solve it, maybe at 75 or 100 solves I can try corners completely blind. Also I have a 68% success rate out of 50 solves.

Generated By csTimer on 2023-02-09
single: 46.403

Time List:
49. 46.403[PL CH FW ] F' R' B' L2 B R F2 B D2 B' U2 B R2 D2 B' U2 F'

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got my first sub 40 typed out memo corners only. and I have a 71% success rate after 82 solves. I think once I hit 100 total solves I will try to memo in my head, and see how it goes. Also I have gotten pretty confident with the letter scheme.

Generated By csTimer on 2023-02-10
single: 37.721

Time List:
82. 37.721[GN HP MV] D2 B2 R B2 D2 B2 D2 R' D2 R' F' R B R' F R B

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got a new PB, but I can't get the reconstruction right. I know that I ended with a T perm, but other than that I can't remember. Any help to try and reconstruct it would be appreciated.

Generated By csTimer on 2023-02-13
single: 9.567

Time List:
14281. 9.567 U' F2 D2 B R' D R F D2 F2 R2 D2 F' D2 B' R2 U2 D2 R U