• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Abhijeet's Progression Thread | Next goal 100 points official in MBLD

WCA
2022TAND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you cube everyday? Don’t you do anything other than cubing related stuff? I wish I can be like you but I have a career to pursue. I really want to get into blind cubing, but my mother took away all my cubes and said that i have to finish all my assessment books to get them back…

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you cube everyday? Don’t you do anything other than cubing related stuff? I wish I can be like you but I have a career to pursue. I really want to get into blind cubing, but my mother took away all my cubes and said that i have to finish all my assessment books to get them back…
I don't cube everyday. I am a research student in astrophysics, so that is my main focus in life.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
125572 letter quads covered in 2052 days at the speed of 61.1 per day.

Hoping for BLD memo and tracing grind to get my memo super fast.
Memo goals are:
  1. 100 cube memo in multi
  2. Global sub-4 memo in 3BLD
  3. sub-15 memo in 4BLD
  4. sub-40 memo in 5BLD
5 YEARS??? You must be mentally sick lol from memorizing so many algorithms+yo pairs. Props for tackling this feat that no one would dare to go.
I bet Anthony Brooks didn't have that much of a struggle memorizing ZBLL compared with you memorizing 5-style. I can't even do 3-style algorithms. Maybe that's because I don't want to.

Last edited:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5 YEARS??? You must be mentally sick lol from memorizing so many algorithms+yo pairs. Props for tackling this feat that no one would dare to go.
I bet Anthony Brooks didn't have that much of a struggle memorizing ZBLL compared with you memorizing 5-style. I can't even do 3-style algorithms. Maybe that's because I don't want to.
It is tough to compare Brooks comments in 2015. ZBLL requires different TPS and recall speed and it is meant for sighted solving. Recognition and classification of ZBLL algs are tough, so while learning the algset these things confuse more learners.

In UF5 algset, the solver has time during thinkahead(memo) to recall the alg, and also the classification is simple as it is just 4 target stickers that we want to solve at once.

ZBLL is hard to learn but not easier than UF5 by any means yo.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you done with 5-Style edges? Also, how do you plan on doing corners?
Hi I am not yet done with 5-style edges, I have all the 126k Letter Quads down, but the edges, I have only revised 31k and there are ~40k if you exclude mirrors and inverses. It is hard to think of the inverse and mirror of the alg on the fly so we have to drill those as well.

The second part of your question has a smaller answer. 5-style corners is trash algs, wasted entire 2017 year trying to find them.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got 3 PRs in my 56th WCA competition this weekend.

A suprise 13.1 OH single, 3.03 skewb single and 5.84 average. All of these is without practice which shows that there is a lot of room for improvement.

Something that did not progress today is my 3BLD which I triple DNFed.
All 3 were execution mistakes, I did some 5-style UF edge algs wrong.