• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Abhijeet's Progression Thread | Next goal 100 points official in MBLD

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No work done by me on 5-style in the first quarter of 2022. The good news is that I am having a comp next week which has NxN events. Sadly there is no BLD so I do not yet have a chance to update my BLD scores officially, S R S' R' U R' S' R U S U2.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bruh how???? All these algs are for BLD right?
I can't even do one BLD, I'm learning Old Pochmann. I understand how to do it, but I'm having trouble remembering setup moves for edges, and sometimes I can't memorize the letters I'm supposed to memorize :(
Yes these algs are for BLD. They solve 4 edges at a time.

If you are starting out with BLD with OP/OP method, try to write down the setup moves and then drill them out while looking at the cube.
To memorise the letters, make letter pairs to make it easier. For letter pairs I advise, to make a list and have a fixed person or object for each letter pair. As you get more comfortable with the system, you start adding more words or expressions for a single letter pair.

Good luck practising! Hope you get your first 3BLD success soon yo.

Imsoosm

Yes these algs are for BLD. They solve 4 edges at a time.

If you are starting out with BLD with OP/OP method, try to write down the setup moves and then drill them out while looking at the cube.
To memorise the letters, make letter pairs to make it easier. For letter pairs I advise, to make a list and have a fixed person or object for each letter pair. As you get more comfortable with the system, you start adding more words or expressions for a single letter pair.

Good luck practising! Hope you get your first 3BLD success soon yo.
Well as to memorizing letters, I've tried JPerm's method, to make a very short story with words that contains the letters. I always end up forgetting the letters in the words because I'm not sure which one I should do 😂
Thanks for the tip though :)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well as to memorizing letters, I've tried JPerm's method, to make a very short story with words that contains the letters. I always end up forgetting the letters in the words because I'm not sure which one I should do 😂
Thanks for the tip though :)
Keep at it. You will make progress.

Have you heard of the term 'deliberate practice'?

If yes, try to implement that in your solving/learning sessions.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
YES I KNOW RIGHT
He said he memorized 30k algs weakly, and knows 6k algs with good recall.
@abunickabhi maybe you should memorize all 3472 1LLL algs and you'll be a world class sub-5 solver for 3x3 😂
Knowing algorithms is a just facet of being a good solver. We need good turning and good practice to be sub-5 level. For example, Jabari knew all the ZBLLs in 2015 but he was only sub-10, he did not turn fast or practice as much as Feliks.

I am barely sub-9 in 3x3, and I have a long way to go to shave off those 4 seconds.

My main event is MBLD so I only focus on 5-cycles and letter quads.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Knowing algorithms is a just facet of being a good solver. We need good turning and good practice to be sub-5 level. For example, Jabari knew all the ZBLLs in 2015 but he was only sub-10, he did not turn fast or practice as much as Feliks.

I am barely sub-9 in 3x3, and I have a long way to go to shave off those 4 seconds.

My main event is MBLD so I only focus on 5-cycles and letter quads.
you should be proud of that sub9 average

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question:
I was reading the WCA regulations recently, and I saw it said logos aren't allowed in any BLD event. Why can't you have a logo on your cube doing a BLD event? Or does it just mean you can't have a stickered logo (because that way you can tell which center you're on) and logos that are imprinted on the pieces is fine?
Even imprinted logos are not allowed.

I agree that they cannot be felt and do not give any advantage to the BLD competitor. The rule exists to maintain uniformity in the rule about logos in BLD and to not make the job of the delegate who checks BLD cubes tougher. There can be borderline cases where the imprinted logo can be felt a bit, or a stickered logo cannot be felt and it is tough for the delegate to take an accurate call in these situations. The best and reliable solution is to disable usage of stickers in all 4 blind WCA events.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw do you have a recon for the 7.98?
The last layer was a H OLL and a Ua perm. The cross was 3 move and all the F2L pairs were easy.

The scramble was: B2 L' U2 L2 D F2 R2 B2 R2 U F2 B L2 D' B2 R' F2 R' D'
I do not have the solve on video. I tried to reconstruct it but was not able to get the H OLL I got that day.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lq121k.JPG

121050 letter quads done wohooo!!
5670 LQs more to go, then I do extensive revision.
Almost close to using them with full fluency in MBLD attempts. With letter quads, memorisation of more cubes will be less of a pain, also I can fit more information in a row, maybe 3-4 cubes? With UF5 algs, I can get a tad faster exec. It is a lot of work to remember and recall all these algs and to also devise good fingertricks for them.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3 competitions coming up next month for me. Official WCA competition, not some online comp.

Sadly only 6 solves of 3BLD I get to do next month officially. All my BLD grind since the pandemic still won't be able to bear fruit next month smh.